News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

NoVA Apartment Con Scheduling Thread

Started by apeiron, August 14, 2005, 05:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeiron

It seemed that most people could not attend an ApartmentCon in August, so we'll try here for a September event. The weekends of September are: the 2nd, the 9th, the 16th and the 23rd.  The Weekend of the 30th is basically November.

This event will be primarily gaming and social.  We'll discuss what we'll be playing, where we'll meet and the like in later threads.

In your response, indicate which weekend is the best for you, and/or which day of the week is best for you.  In my case, any weekend is good, but Sundays are best.  Let's try to pin down a date this week, next Sunday i'll announce the winning date.

Current Results:

Weekend:

2nd -
9th - 1: Todd
16th -
23rd -

Day -

Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday - 1: Todd
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

Vaxalon

Put me down for saturday nights, weekend doesn't matter.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Adam Dray

Saturday nights. Preferably 9th or 16th, maybe 23rd. I think I'll be out of town the 2nd, but it might be the 9th; haven't nailed that down yet.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777

Doug Woolsey

I'll vote for the Sat the 24th but can probably make whichever day wins the vote.
-- Doug
The Battleaxe RPG www.16cbh.net/Battleaxe

apeiron

Good to see some voting!  So far it looks like it will be a Saturday.  i'll make the final tally on Sunday.  If you have Forge friends who might attend, please get them to post.
If you live in the NoVA/DC area and would like help developing your games, or to help others do so, send me a PM.  i'm running a monthly gathering that needs developers and testers.

TonyLB

Saturday is generally the best day for me.

I seriously can't figure out my schedule vis-a-vis which day of the month until after GenCon.  Can we put off the tallying until monday or tuesday?
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

apeiron

Ok.  We'll do the tally when you return and it seems everyone from the last thread has had their say. 

i want things to keep moving, and yet be fair to everyone's busy schedules.  What i don't want is to have to push back the date because we are still looking for a venue and planning the events.

If anyone wants to help me plan this thing, let me know.  This is a first attempt at this particular type of event.

Shawn De Arment

Saturdays work best for me.
Specifically, the 3rd and the 24th are entirely available.
Working on: One Night (formally called CUP)

Adam Dray

apeiron

Star a thread "NoVA Apartment Con 11/05- Event Ideas" or something to that effect, and we'll discuss it there.  i don't want Ron or Clinton coming down on any of us about topicality.

Adam Dray

Sure thing. It's your thread though. ;)

Sydney Freedberg

Cool! I just found this thread. Must remember to check Connections more often.

Saturdays are best for me, too. Any September weekend after Labor Day is probably fine -- again, I'm sure that's a common theme.

Nathan

I'm in DC, so I am somewhat flexible in September. How late on Saturday? And would the locale be Metro (or) bus accessible?
-------------------------------------------
http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/

Nathan

Hope this doesn't drift too far off topic, but I just found this:

http://barkingmad.org/tcep12-gaming.shtml

A gaming con in Laurel, MD over Labor Day weekend. They have an open gaming policy, but I wouldn't mind going at least one day with a few of you. I'll use the chance to run some EAK demos, and we could also game with whatever else of choice.

I am contacting the folks in charge of it.

http://www.mysticages.com/
Serving imagination since '99
Eldritch Ass Kicking:
http://www.eldritchasskicking.com/

apeiron

Once we have a date we'll start in on where and what to do.  We're waiting for ppl to get back from GenCon, then we'll take a vote.  The prevailing day seems to be Saturday, so far.  If you want to have it somewhere Metro accessible, try to find one for us and we'l throw it in the mix.  Most likely it will be just to the west of DC, but we'll see.

Nice to have you aboard.  i'll check out that link you posted.

Todd