News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Sorcerer one-sheet: Identity Crisis

Started by sirogit, September 02, 2005, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Inspirations: Killer 7, Lost Highway, Mullholland Drv, Memento.

Look & Feel: Urban modern day, but exaggerated in color and emotion, sometimes grotesquely, sometimes in distinctily cinematic ways. Reality is a little more pliable and some things don't make strict sense. Mythic Otherworlds exist, and range from jazz clubs to 50's diners to S&M dungeons to the Internet.

Premise: "Is what other people have worth who you are?"

Humanity: Awareness and certainity of your identity and your past.

Humanity Gain: Representing yourself truthfully, accepting responsibility for the consequences of your actions, accepting your failures.

Humanity Loss: Lying about yourself, shunting responsibility, using Sorcery to take what doesn't belong to you.

Demons: People who are you but aren't, and don't exist.

Humanity 0: Become a demon. Redemption stories would have a good amount of potential.

Ron Edwards

Perfect.

Use the usual Sorcerer descriptors, unless the players want to revise the lists. (And if so, revise the lists, don't just add things as made-up snap-on descriptors.)

Make up characters and demons. Fill out the backs of those sheets.

If you want, make a relationship map from a source, but frankly, I suspect the sheets will provide enough meat for you. Just remember that you really need to prep once you have an NPC list; for a game like this, you'll really need tons of Bangs.

Best,
Ron

sirogit

In total agreement with everything in your post except the last part, which I don't quite understand: Why more bangs than usual?

The_Tim

I suspect it is because you never want to run out of chances to ask "So, who is the character?" through events.  You'll want to keep testing the answers by making decisions that give more and more opportunity for the players to decide who their characters are and when that identity is betrayed.  Prep will help make the questions good and meaty.

By the way, this one-sheet fucking rocks.  Especially the demon description.

Ron Edwards

The Tim's right.

Best,
Ron

P.S. The Tim should go and blog more on his blog.