News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Diaster Relief

Started by Doc Blue, September 03, 2005, 10:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Blue

My apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum for this post.  Please feel free to move/delete/re-direct as appropriate. I will not cross-post to multiple forums without moderator instruction and permission.

===========================================================================

In light of the recent tragedy in the southern United States, I want to offer my time and resources toward a diaster relief effort.

It is my belief that modern fantasy gaming owes a debt of creativity to the culture represented by New Orleans. I propose that gaming repay that debt in some small way. I would like to work with the various talents in gaming and related fields to produce a PDF/POD in tribute of the region. The product would be promoted on donated webspace and all the proceeds from sales would go to diaster relief.

I am looking for editors, artists, writers, etc, to participate. I will handle the coordination of efforts and try to work with the Red Cross or another organization to get sponsorship and further promotion. I am looking for short stories, gaming materials, art, etc. that fits the theme and would be publishable in a book format.

Please contact me at blue@wendtonline.net if you are interested.

Thank you,

David 'Doc Blue' Wendt

Doc Blue

As an update:

==============================================================

October 12, 2005
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MODEVIA IP ANNOUNCES BEYOND THE STORM: SHADOWS OF THE BIG EASY HURRICANE KATRINA RELIEF COMPILATION NOW AVAILABLE

October 12, 2005 — Beyond the Storm: Shadows of the Big Easy, a compilation of fiction, essays and role-playing game (RPG) material, is now available as a downloadable PDF or in a print-on-demand version. All proceeds from the book will benefit the Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund.

With contributions from some of the biggest names in the RPG industry, the project is intended as a tribute to New Orleans, as well as a fund-raiser for hurricane victims.

"When I sent out my call for contributors, I said that I believed that modern role-playing games owed a debt of creativity to New Orleans and her culture. I still believe that," said David "Doc Blue" Wendt, developer of Beyond the Storm in his introduction to the collection. "This book is a way for writers and artists to repay that debt in part."

After putting out a call online for artistic, editorial, and writing submissions, the gaming community responded in unprecedented numbers, with many talented artists, writers, and editors donating their time to the project. "I firmly believe that every individual who contributed to this project shared generously from their muse."

The compilation features the work of noted game designers Scott Bennie, Matt Forbeck, Mur Lafferty, Jason L. Blair, S. John Ross and others; cover art by Veronica Pare; and art by Ursula Vernon, Jeff Preston, Angi Shearstone, and others. Works range from short stories to complete role-playing game systems. All proceeds from Beyond the Storm: Shadows of the Big Easy will go to the Red Cross Hurricane Katrina relief fund.

Purchasing information on Beyond the Storm: Shadows of the Big Easy is available on the project's website at www.beyondthestorm.us. The book is available in both a downloadable PDF version and a print version through a print-on-demand service. For more information about the project and its contributors, visit www.beyondthestorm.us.

Stacy Wendt
(614) 717-6719
stacys@wendtonline.net