News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Question regarding PC vs PC

Started by Norbert Matausch, October 01, 2005, 10:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbert Matausch

Hi all,
I have the first edition of PTA and thought that in case of a PC vs PC conflict, both players roll dice/draw cards to determine who wins. After reading some postings on the forum, I get the impression that in case of a PC vs PC conflict, the players draw against the Producer, which is something I have problems to understand.

Can anyone help? Thanks!
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
(Hassan Ibn Sabbah)

Jonas Ferry

Hello Norbert,

I just played the pilot episode of The Return, and you can check out actual play report. We had a conflict with three protagonists against each other. What we did was play until we found something they all disagreed on. Now we knew what the conflict was about, and set independent stakes for each protagonist. They all drew and compared against my cards. It's a lot easier if you think of what each protagonist wants out of the conflict, something they can all succeed or fail at simultaneously.

When it came to narration, we did one thing wrong. We compared against the producer individually again, when it should be the highest card of all at the table that decides a single narrator. You'll see that if you read the first comment.

Hope that helps!
One Can Have Her, film noir roleplaying in black and white.

Check out the indie RPG category at Wikipedia.

Norbert Matausch

Hi Jonas!

Thanks for the reply, it makes sense and helped me understand the reason behind the rule. As each protag has their own issue to deal with, no two stakes in a conflict will be the same -- so it makes sense that every player compares their cards with the Producer.

Thanks!
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted"
(Hassan Ibn Sabbah)