News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

TSOY 2nd edition, creative commons

Started by Darren Hill, November 20, 2005, 06:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

I notice the 2nd edition has made it into text file form on the website. I noticed something missing:
Character advancement
----------------------
<snip>Each advance that you get can be banked toward improving your character's pools, abilities, Secrets, and Keys. The costs are found in the table below.
I can't find this table, even with the magic of Search. Are the costs the same as first edition? I ask because the lower numbers of skill ranks make me think this is unlikely.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Darren Hill on November 20, 2005, 06:17:56 PM
I notice the 2nd edition has made it into text file form on the website. I noticed something missing:
Character advancement
----------------------
<snip>Each advance that you get can be banked toward improving your character's pools, abilities, Secrets, and Keys. The costs are found in the table below.
I can't find this table, even with the magic of Search. Are the costs the same as first edition? I ask because the lower numbers of skill ranks make me think this is unlikely.

Increase an ability to Competent: 1 advance
+ to Adept: 2 advances
+ to Master: 3 advances
+ to Grand Master: 4 advances
(these are cumulative)

Add a point to a pool: 1 advance
Add a Secret: 1 advance
Add a Key: 1 advance
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Eero Tuovinen

Heh, we played the game last weekend and I didn't have the table, so I figured a likely distribution of costs myself. The thing is, I ended up with exactly the same table you have there.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

MetalBard

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on November 21, 2005, 06:45:14 AM

Increase an ability to Competent: 1 advance
+ to Adept: 2 advances
+ to Master: 3 advances
+ to Grand Master: 4 advances
(these are cumulative)

Add a point to a pool: 1 advance
Add a Secret: 1 advance
Add a Key: 1 advance

When you say the ability advances are cumulative, do mean that it takes one advance to move an ability up one rank, or do you mean that, for example, it would take a total of 10 advances to move an abilitiy from 0 to 4?
"If you've ever told someone how your day went, you can narrate." - Andrew Norris at the Forge on player narration

My name is also Andrew and I have a  blog

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: MetalBard on November 21, 2005, 09:27:56 AM

When you say the ability advances are cumulative, do mean that it takes one advance to move an ability up one rank, or do you mean that, for example, it would take a total of 10 advances to move an abilitiy from 0 to 4?

10 advances from 0 to 4.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games