News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSOY] A new character sheet

Started by Clay, January 04, 2006, 08:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

My regular group isn't overly receptive to new games. We've been burned too many times by the Great New Thing, invested lots of money in books, only to have the company fold up and go away.  Also sometimes to really not like the game very much.  While I was thinking about how to pitch The Shadow of Yesterday to a skeptical audience, it occurred to me that the characters in particular are very much like 7th Sea, a game that gets a lot of play in our group.  So this weekend I gave copies of the book to two members of the group as a Christmas present, and sold them on the similarities to 7th Sea.

To support this claim, I created a character sheet that mimics features of the 7th Sea character sheet (except my fonts are properly embedded, something not true of their first attempt). You can snag it for yourself at http://www.lazarusid.com/~clay/tsoy-character.pdf

Since it hasn't actually been tried out in actual play yet, feel free to send me any feedback so that I can improve it.  Also fair warning that it isn't expecially pretty, just utilitarian.
Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management

Tancred

Very nice!

Good for introducing new players to the game too, as it lists all the skills.

Barna

I am trying to make a conversion of 7th Sea from R&K to TSOY; if you have the time, check the new thread above. I could use your experience if you are both a TSOY and 7th Sea fan  :).
"No era el hombre mas honesto ni el mas piadoso, pero era un hombre valiente"

Arturo Perez Reverte, primera linea de "El Capitan Alatriste"