News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Audible PTA

Started by Robert Bohl, February 03, 2006, 06:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Bohl

Jeff recorded our Dreamation 2006 session of the show Life on Mars.  It's a little tough to hear everything, but I think that the brainstorming stuff (which is about half the duration) can be pretty useful.  There's R-rated language in this, but nothing much worse than, say, the movie Wedding Crashers.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Adam Biltcliffe

I would totally love to listen to this, but it's too much effort to make everything out above the noise to stick with it for long. Has anyone had a go at cleaning up the audio? I tried, but without much success.

Judd

My buddy, Jeff has a better copy of it but it was too much to put for download easily.

If you PM me your e-mail, I'll pass along your interest and he'll e-mail you the better sound file.

Yokiboy

Hello,

This is great stuff guys. I downloaded the larger Zipped versions, and find it very easy to hear what's going on.

Any chance you could do a quick character/plaer writeup in this thread? I'd like to match names to the voices, and would like to see how the finished characters turned out - without being forced to take notes.

Please post more of these kind of podcasts, I love it! (Yeah that might be the whisky talking... just imagine the nerdery, Saturday night, whisky and a podcast of PTA!)

TTFN,

Yoki

Judd

I've got the write-ups 'round here somewhere.

I will try to post them up at some point in the next 48 hours.  I am fairly sure I still have them.

Robert Bohl

I was playing the pilot.  His issue was Irresponsible alcoholic and his traits were edge: sultan of the stool and someadjective pilot, and connection: the dog.
Game:
Shows:

Yokiboy

Thanks guys, I look forward to seeing the other writeups as well.

Sounds like it was a fun game. Please do this again sometime.

TTFN,

Yoki

Yokiboy

Did you skip nemeses on purpose? I guess that might be hard to work into a one-shot, but I still like it.

TTFN,

Yoki

Robert Bohl

It never came up, so it wasn't intentionally left out.  But I do think it would've been tight for a one-shot.
Game:
Shows:

Yokiboy

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Where you just waiting to pounce on someone posting to this thread?  ;)

I really enjoyed your scene debating whether you should drink or not, having it turn out that you were talking to your dog. Great stuff.

I have not played another game where this kind of stuff happens so easily. We have only played one 5-session game of PTA and we had a scene that just blow us away.

I can't wait for another podcast session of PTA.

TTFN,

Yoki

Robert Bohl

I'm at work and I got the notification so I jumped on it quickly, that's all :).

That drinking scene was my favorite PTA scene ever--still to this day.

Yeah I am really grooving on PTA big time.  Our group may soon have two concurrent PTA games running.
Game:
Shows:

Yokiboy

Hello again,

Hope Matt doesn't mind me waking up this thread again, but I have reflected on the fact of how elegantly and quickly you got this game started. I just referred to this in a new AP post of mine.

I have trouble with game prep myself, but this might be due to my limited Story Now experience and the baggage of too many years of really lame gaming.

Would you please share who plays each character and who's GM'ing? I seem to recognize some voices from the Sons of Kryos, but not well enough to place them.

TTFN,

Yoki

Judd

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=18559.0

Above is the AP thread for this game.  I can't believe these two weren't link before this.

If you have any questions, let me know.

newsalor

This tells me a lot more about the game or how it is played, than an actual play raport.

Thanks a lot.

I think I'll be getting me this game. :)
Olli Kantola