News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Timing of Relationship dice

Started by Warren, July 02, 2006, 01:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Answering the question posted on an old thread, as it's considered poor form to post to old threads:

Quote from: Gugliandalf on July 02, 2006, 11:23:33 AM
Quote from: lumpley on January 27, 2006, 01:05:41 PMa) You can see it along with the mob. If you want to do this but don't have the dice, you'll have to bring in a trait, assign a relationship, or escalate. Failing that, you have to give. I like Brendan's see, if you have those dice handy.

But assigning relationships shouldn't be only at start of conflict, not in the middle of it?

Yes, but remember if you assign free dice during a conflict you can roll them straight away. Bottom of Page 69 Dogs revised, under Timing New Relationships:

Quote from: Dogs in the VineyardIf you assign a new Relationship during a conflict, and the Relationship is with either your opponent or what's at stake, roll the newly applicable dice right away.

Hope that helps.

lumpley

Warren's right. You good, Gugliandalf, or do you have followup questions?

Also, welcome! What's your real name?

-Vincent

Gugliandalf

Quote from: lumpley on July 02, 2006, 03:28:48 PM
Warren's right. You good, Gugliandalf, or do you have followup questions?

Also, welcome! What's your real name?

-Vincent

It's perfectly clear now, thanks.

BTW, my real name is Giovanni, but since (from family name) I'm "Guglia" from highschool (and I'm 43 now), and I actually turn when someone calls "Guglia!" or "Gugliandalf!", well, you can call me Gugliandalf even in RL. ;-)

Anyway, thanx for welcome, and for DitV too. :-D
Gugliandalf
aka Guglia aka Giovanni Gugliantini
Remember, Luke, say "yes" or roll dice