News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Getting ready to run first game. Advice / Town sought.

Started by iconoplast, August 13, 2006, 02:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iconoplast

I ran half a session of Dogs months ago, as an impromptu filler session when a D&D game failed to coalesce.

However, I've been talking the game up forever, and am going to actually run it on Wednesday at my local store.

In talking about it, I get the sense that people want the supernatural dial cranked all the way up, bullets ricocheting off of coats of many colors, and divine righteousness making the scripture written on the gun barrels glow.

I pitched the idea of a kind of 'Wizard of Earthsea'-esque naming magic being part of the Faith, and that went over well.  Just because it gives the players some more things to do with their raises, y'know?

Anyway, I'm sort of at a loss for how to escalate from 'Sin' to 'Angry possessed mob' without losing some... I don't know.  Some emotional clout.  I thought I would check and see what other people had done in the towns that have been posted here, and try to figure out how to include the possibility of large-scale mayhem in each.

I thought I'd ask if anyone has a particular town they'd reccomend I look at?

lumpley

This is a cool question. Answers, anybody?

I'm going to start a related thread too.

-Vincent

Vaxalon

I have no answer to this.  Our group gathered with the express intent of playing Dogs, and they cranked the supernatural dial way, way down.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker