News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Afraid] Please explain to someone who just stumbled across it

Started by Spooky Fanboy, August 18, 2006, 02:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spooky Fanboy

I found out last night, while browsing here, that there was a way to adapt DiTV to horror, a way called Afraid.

I'm curious: is it being written up as a separate game? Are there downloadable pages for those who wish to convert DiTV to Afraid? Are there any lengthy examples of Play available?

Also, for Vincent: Have you resolved one way or the other about player characters being recruited by the Villains for Afriad?
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Spooky Fanboy

Aha! So it does require the DitV rulebook, plus this material to reference it still, correct? There's no other PDFs or updates on this game?

Eager to play some deep, dark horror, but I need the rules organized before I'll even attempt this.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Darren Hill

The pages Rustin pointed you towards are playtest documents (and as far as I know are the only public documents). The game isn't finished yet - those pages are there for people to test out and report back, to see what changes/developments are needed for the finished version..

lumpley

Afraid will be a whole stand-alone game, available for purchase, as soon as I finish designing, writing, and publishing it. Meanwhile, the playtest documents are what there are.

-Vincent

claes

What's the status on the Afraid project. Any qualified guess on an official release date? I know, it's hard to estimate, but still... :)

lumpley

Afraid just got bumped back kind of significantly, to make room in my schedule for Red Sky A.M. There's a chance Afraid will be done for GenCon '07, but more likely it'll be a winter '07-'08 release.

-Vincent