News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Southern Exposure III: Indie Explosion?

Started by Kat Miller, August 21, 2006, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Miller

The same staff that brings us Dreamation and Dex Con also host a smaller con in Cherry Hill New Jersey (just outside of Philadelphia)  at the end of September.

Southern Exposure III
Thursday, September 28 - Sunday, October 1, 2006
At the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center in Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Sales at this con have been minimal. 

Mike and I will be going to Southern.
I'm willing to organize a small Indie Game Explosion there if there are enough of us who will be going.

-kat miller

kat Miller

Jennifer Rodgers

Though not a game designer or publisher, I'm considering doing this because it's so close and may be able to help you guys out. I'll look into it and I'll let you know if I'm coming.
Jennifer Rodgers
http://www.jenniferrodgers.com
I am the IllustraTOR
News blog: http://jenniferrodgers.livejournal.com/

Luke

I was at SE last year and it was D E D dead. Though that is where Kevin Allen (JR!) and I met, so there some good came from it. I don't think I can manage it unless I can get a ride.

-L

Robert Bohl

I would like to go, it's in my neck of the woods (kinda), but I'm not sure yet if I can.  I'm going to try.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Andrew Morris

Luke, Rob -- PM or email me about possible ride- and room-share for SE.
Download: Unistat

Nathan P.

I can probably manage it, but its a 6-hour trip for me, so I'm a little hesitant about whether thats worth it for the low sales and such. Though if I do come, I could def pick up NYC folks (luke, that means you!), as the city is right on my normal travel route.

So, maybe? Its sounding like it may be worth it just to see you crazy folks and play some games *shrugs*
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Kat Miller

Southern Exposure is not a good Con for sales.
Last year was harsh.
Come to help the little con grow and to promate your game and indie games,
but don't expect any profit from it.
kat Miller

Robert Bohl

Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Kat Miller

The game play last year was pretty good.
Not all of our games went off but the ones that did had great players.

I had a good enough time last year to want to return.

-kat
kat Miller

Kevin Allen Jr

southern ex is a weird con, its got a nice back-woodsy feel.

It sounds like we're all saying the same thing here "i'll go, but only if other people i want to go see are going."

I propose a casual meetup, play some pick up games, not worry to much about the con itself and just have a good time. There's a fine little indian place pretty close, and pineys galore.

So if people are down on a little hicksburg jersey action, there could be some nice gaming, and extracurricular activities. I guess that's called a half-Jared?
Primitive: a game of savage adventure in the prehistoric world

R. Jason Boss

I live nearby and will come if I can.  If there's any kind of meetup happening I wouldn't be averse, assuming I do make it.

Sounds like fun.
Jason

Bret Gillan

Me and Bob Manning are very likely going. I'm still tossing around whether I want to sign up to run Gods on the schedule or not. Either way, I'm up for Indian and pick-up games.

Russell Collins

I'll be there in one capacity or another.

I can run DitV, Lacuna, or octaNe. With no prep. Don't Rest Your Head is a possibility if I can find the dice.

If I stay on schedule, the 1st draft of Contract Work will be ready, so if another game falls through I can run a playtest and have people to rip it apart.

My homeworld was incinerated by orbital bombardment and all I got was this lousy parasite.

Russell Collins
Composer, sound designer, gamer, dumpling enthusiast.

forlorn1

Things I liked about SE last year :
- The hotel room had both a mini fridge and a microwave.  Made eating cheap easy.
- There were plenty of place within walking distance to eat at if that didn't work.
- The Stadium seating theater about 2 miles away was show Serenity and was not packed even opening night.
- I got to meetand play WGP with Kat and play MLWM with Michael who is the best master ever....

But -
- Attendance was far short of what I was expecting
- Not all the games I signed up for ran
- the energy was real low

Except for the Indie games, the con is throw away in my book.  Not big and packed like Dexcon or small and packed like MACE.

Just my $.02 as a player and Con addict.

Jeff

Kai_lord

I'm also going to be there, and playing all the indie games I can get in.

Anyone wanting to share a room can PM me.
Current Verson of Capes IRC Bot, CapesVTT:
Get it
here