News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Primetime Reminders

Started by chrisn, November 09, 2006, 02:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisn

I love the fact that conflict resolution is handled in PtA with playing cards (rather than dice). So, when I thought to make some reminders for the players on what they could do when, I made them playing card sized. I'm going to ask players to print these out on stiff paper, cut them out, and bring them with them to the first game. During the game, they can reference their options by what's happening at the top of the card. When we're done, we should be able to pack our reminders up in the same box as the cards.

Anyway, I figured this might be useful to some other players/fans out there as well, so I posted it online. (Presuming your approval, Matt.) If you find any errors or have any suggestions, please let me know.

http://63.135.126.141/PtA/PrimetimeReminders.PDF

John Harper

Dude, these are AWESOME. I can't believe no one has said so yet.

Thanks for sharing.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Dave Versace

I only just looked at them but...seconded. A great resource, which I am totally stuffing into my deck of PTA-designated cards!

Dave
Dave Versace
dave@otherleg.com
"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavour text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian, KoDT

cydmab

I think I noticed two deviations from the rules I have (PDF version) - producer I think can normally have a max of 6 cards not 5 (5 from budget plus one free)... plus bonus cards from people spending fan mail on the producer.

I also think you can use each edge as many times as your screen presense over an episode - not once per episode.

Are these typos, house rules, or do have I misunderstood the standard rules?

-William

Glendower

Quote from: cydmab on November 22, 2006, 09:38:03 PM
I think I noticed two deviations from the rules I have (PDF version) - producer I think can normally have a max of 6 cards not 5 (5 from budget plus one free)... plus bonus cards from people spending fan mail on the producer.

I also think you can use each edge as many times as your screen presence over an episode - not once per episode.

The first one is absolutely right: 1 free card plus up to 5 points of budget, for a total of 6 cards on the table.  Page 62 has the relevant passage.

The second one is also correct.  The character sheet has those three little boxes underneath each edge and connection for that reason.  Reference is easy to miss, on the top of page 12.
Hi, my name is Jon.

chrisn

Thanks for those 2 catches. Those weren't house rules, just my misreading. I've corrected the PDF and reposted it to the same location.

Thanks guys, glad you're finding it useful.

Glendower

This is, by the way, Magnificently useful.  Thanks for putting it together!
Hi, my name is Jon.

1000buffalo

Awesome - thanks much for these.

I especially like the playing card sized protagonist sheet.

Well done!

REkz

Can we repost these, as a pdf or just in html?

The link is ...dead  :(

Thanks! - rekz

Gugliandalf

Quote from: chrisn on November 24, 2006, 07:18:30 PM
Thanks for those 2 catches. Those weren't house rules, just my misreading. I've corrected the PDF and reposted it to the same location.

Thanks guys, glad you're finding it useful.

Reader doesn't read. :-(
Gugliandalf
aka Guglia aka Giovanni Gugliantini
Remember, Luke, say "yes" or roll dice

relaxingnap

Hi everyone, I am new to PTA - discovered it looking for a game after being away from RPG's since my teens. Hope to actually play a session soon.

I found the Reminders cards and they are a great addition. Thanks also for re-posting on a current server.

I think I noticed another small confusing error in wording, though. On the card titled "When it's your turn to start a scene 2" the card goes on to say

"Consider where you are in the episode. The canonical acts are a tried and true structure for scenes in episodes. Act 1... Act 2... Act 3... Act 4...."

The canonical acts are a structure for an entire episode, that is for multiple scenes, not individual scenes; the wording "structure for scenes" is slightly confusing.

Maybe the card could instead read:

"Consider where the scene is in the episode. The canonical acts are a tried and true structure guiding how scenes fit together in an episode. Act 1... Act 2... Act 3... Act 4...."

?

Cheers from Portland, Oregon
-- Will