News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Tribe 8 TSOY

Started by Brand_Robins, February 26, 2007, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brand_Robins

I've been working on and off for about a week now on a port of Tribe 8 to TSOY. I got a chunk of it done, have a big chunk undone, and lots of chunks in the sort of "untested/unbalanced note" state.

For those interested, I've posted it on my blog here: http://games.spaceanddeath.com/yudhishthirasdice/98

I'd love any advice, help, or whatever from those of you who know TSOY better than I.
- Brand Robins

Wil

I just wanted to say that I started looking at TSoY in the past couple days after reading the post on Brand's blog. Color me impressed. If there seems to be a demand (or if Brand just wants some other place to put this) I am willing to make space on the Tribe 8 portion of the SilCore wiki: http://www.rivetgeek.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Tribe_8

Eero Tuovinen

The material seems overall sensible to me, but I'm not familiar enough (not familiar at all, actually) with Tribe 8 to tell for sure.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Brand_Robins

Wil,

I'd love for it to be wikified so that others can contribute.

Euro,

Thanks! Even if you don't know Tribe 8 its always nice to know that nothing looks broken on its face.
- Brand Robins

Wil

I've been sick today and I have some school/work projects, but I'll start to throw something together hopefully tomorrow. My best friend when approached about the possibility of using another system for Tribe 8 was surprisingly open to the idea. The one thing he was wondering is if Silhouette worked fine before, what would TSoY do better. I couldn't quite articulate it to him and told him he just needs to read it.

Brand_Robins

Wil,

My feelings on it, and the reason I started looking for a conversion, is that Sil does a wonderful job of emulating the physics of the game world. Its the best system for doing the game where you are fighting wolves and desperately trying to survive the winter. It doesn't, however, do quite so well at supporting you when you want to decide what the true nature of the human soul is in relation to freedom vs. obedience, or when you're deciding what Vengeance means to you. Its in those places, where you make meaning and decide the direction the game is going to go, that TSOY shines.
- Brand Robins