News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Osh Con 2007

Started by Clyde L. Rhoer, April 23, 2007, 01:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clyde L. Rhoer

In this thread, Keith B Vaughn asked, "As a side note: will anyone else be going to Oshcon in September? (Oshkosh, WI) I run my booth solo and that is a challenge to make an understatement."

Dude. You won't be alone. Myself and a couple of my friends came up from Madison to Osh Con last year. We ran a mini games on demand for indie games and it went well. We're coming back this year. I was actually intending to talk to Adam about two tables this year so we could run scheduled and pick up games.

I expect to have an Ash Can version of my game, Silence Keeps Me A Victim done by Osh Con. So I was considering just asking if I could spend the money to get a table, but not actually use the table, so I could focus on trying to find interested people through actual play, instead of staring at them as they walk around.
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

KeithBVaughn

I think with what was offered me: a table out in the floor instead of against the wall or hidden away, you might be able to get a table for the price of a booth. This will also allow more dealers to participate and increase revenue for the con. (Yes, I'm thinking like a businessman--and it's a good thing.)

We may want to set up some of the things that were suggested in the other thread: flyers, ect. Since you have madison and milwaukee isn't far. It would be easy to distribute flyers to local area gameshops to increase interest in Oshkon.

I'll mull it over in my mind a bit and see what comes up.

Keith
Idea men are a dime a dozen--and overpriced!

Adam SBG

Clyde:

If you're interested in having a "sales booth" but want it to actually be in the gaming area (thereby allowing you to be in the gaming area but also sell your product) that'd be cool. Let me know. Our game company, Snarling Badger Games may be doing the same thing, we haven't decided yet. Feel free to contact me at info (at) oshcon.org or just go to the web site at www.oshcon.org and sign up for a dealer table and I'll contact you.

I'm really looking forward to the con this year. I would love to see more indie games being run, maybe even a seminar or two.

{quick_sales_pitch} If you're coming from a good distance, we do have nice, clean dorm rooms to rent right across the street from the con for $24-$34 per night. Hit the web site for more details and Sleep for Cheap! {/quick_sales_pitch}
Snarling Badger Games
Makers of Fine Microgames
www.snarlingbadger.com

Clyde L. Rhoer

Hi Adam,

What are your rules for sharing tables? Can we get several Indie folks who are technically different publishing entities to share the cost on a table or several tables? If there were several of us wanting to work together in that way would it be fairly easy for us to be put in the same area? Would it be alright to turn selling tables into actual play tables instead? Effectively adding to the gaming space rather than moving into the space you already set aside for gaming?
Theory from the Closet , A Netcast/Podcast about RPG theory and design.
clyde.ws, Clyde's personal blog.

Adam SBG

QuoteWhat are your rules for sharing tables? Can we get several Indie folks who are technically different publishing entities to share the cost on a table or several tables?

Clyde, contact me at info (at) oshcon.org and we can work something out. Maybe have a Forge table and have a few regular gaming tables around it. If you know a few other local Forge people who'd be interested, we could certainly work something out. I would have talked to you more about it at Rising Phoenix Con, but I was busy waiting for someone to come up and ask for a demo for MetalKrushers.
Snarling Badger Games
Makers of Fine Microgames
www.snarlingbadger.com