News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What TSoY really needs is a list of Zu syllables

Started by Frank Tarcikowski, July 31, 2007, 04:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Tarcikowski

Frankly. I know, the point is "make up your own", but whenever I'm supposed to make up my own, I'm stuck for at least ten minutes. I toss it out to the players, but they're stuck as well. I have this ancient, magically protected Zaru city and I have decided that the Watchers use it as a safe haven for bearers of the Syllables. There are, like, a dozen SGCs in the City that would all have 3+ Syllables. If I try to come up with 30-40 Zu Syllables, that will take me hours. So.

What TSoY really needs is a list of Zu syllables.
If you come across a post by a guest called Frank T, that was me. My former Forge account was destroyed in the Spam Wars. Collateral damage.

Eero Tuovinen

I rather agree, it's slow for me, too. Luckily I haven't gone crazy with syllables like that, so I've never needed to create many of them at once.

There was a thread a while back where folks listed their own favourite syllables. Perhaps you should dig that up for a start. You probably only need a dozen syllables at most for the game, anyway. It's not like every single one of those SGCs is going to use their syllables.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

oliof

Here are twenty for you, Some of the triplets are not straitforward, but I think they work. Here is the translation from my german brainstorming:

Life,live,alive
Jump,jump,jumping
Mindlessnes,forget,forgotten
Breath,breath,breathing
Sound,(to) sound, resonating
Cold,freeze,cool
Fever,sweat,hot
Emptiness,gouge,hollow
Street,travel,restless
House,occupy,settled
Light,gleam,bright
Weight,draw,heavy