News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Punks Unite!

Started by JSDiamond, April 27, 2001, 07:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSDiamond

I have moved this here, to the publishing forum.

"Punks Unite!" -that's our rally cry.
Okay, this idea was practiced back in the good old days of gaming and it is one that Ron Edwards has mentioned to me as well as on Seth's forum; I'm talking about mutual promotion.

To wit, making mention and recommendation of each others games in the back of our books (no matter what format each of us publishes in).  Not grossly advertising, no rah-rah stroking, -just an honest 'do a good turn' for a fellow gamer by mentioning, "Thanks for picking-up my game, here's another indie that you might like."

I'm a punk-rock gamer. So are you, let's unite.  

Jeff
http://www.geocities.com/allianceprime">6-0 Games

P.S.
Forgive me Ron, for revealing you for the revolutionary mastermind that you are!
JSDiamond

GreatWolf

I completely agree.  I have a small email newsletter that I put out, and I've taken to adding brief plugs for other indie games (in addition to plugging the Forge).  We really aren't the competition for each other, and we definitely don't have the marketing weight that even other small gaming companies have.  I think that trying to help each other out is a good thing, and I would definitely be open to concrete suggestions as to how to do that.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown