News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Weapon Proficiencies

Started by Sneaky Git, November 19, 2002, 07:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneaky Git

I will preface by stating that I don't have TRoS sitting in front of me.. this question ocurred to me on my way to work this morning.

Weapon proficiencies.

What do the different numerical values represent?  I mean, skill levels have a rough approximation of "real world" talent level that accompanies their "game world" numerical values (13 is equivalent to a certain level of proficiency, 11 means something, etc.).. Do proficiencies have something similar?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm interested in porting over some personalities from other systems and would like to avoid relying on my dead reckoning skills.
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Jake Norwood

I see it being not unlike the attributes, where 4 is a pretty standard level of training for someone that isn't really dedicated but who has spent a decent chunk of life in learning to use that particular weapon/style. From there on it's just more dice and more skill. Someone with a 10 is an excellent fighter, someone with 15 is probably a true master.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Sneaky Git

Quote from: Jake NorwoodI see it being not unlike the attributes, where 4 is a pretty standard level of training for someone that isn't really dedicated but who has spent a decent chunk of life in learning to use that particular weapon/style. From there on it's just more dice and more skill. Someone with a 10 is an excellent fighter, someone with 15 is probably a true master.

Jake
Cool.  Thanks.
Molon labe.
"Come and get them."

- Leonidas of Sparta, in response to Xerxes' demand that the Spartans lay down their arms.

Ace

Thats very helpfull Jake!

Please be sure to put it into TFOB or the next revision somewhere