News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Hero Wars Forum?

Started by Blake Hutchins, May 17, 2001, 12:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake Hutchins

Hey all,

Just picked up Hero Wars and am riding a wave of excitement after dissecting the mechanics. Issaries Press is an indie outfit, and as far as I can tell, HW forums are few to nonexistent outside of GO -- would there be interest in setting one up here? If it makes it more palatable, maybe a more general forum for discussion of indie games of interest that don't have steady champions frequenting this site. Hero Wars and Story Engine, for instance.

Thoughts?

Ron Edwards

Hey,

My vote: let's welcome any forum for any creator-owned game. Hero Wars, Orkworld, Story Engine, Swashbuckler, Puppetland, Obsidian ...

(Unknown Armies and UnderWorld are special cases; hold off on them for current discussion purposes, I think.)

I think it would be courteous to let the owner know about it, but the Forge (*as* the Forge) has every reason to encourage doing this.

One last thing: don't use the word "official" when presenting the idea to a game owner/author, though. The Forge isn't a commercial site and should have no legal or representative role toward any company.

Best,
Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

The forum's created, but I wanted to touch on a few things:

* New game forums will be created either by the game author contacting me and asking for it, or by someone starting a thread dissecting the game in "Indie Game Design" and people getting interested (at which time I'll make the forum and move the thread over.) It's easy to create few forums, but I'm just slightly worried about creating too many that people aren't interested in and diluting the discussion.

* Second--Ron, you know the guys at Issaries. Would you contact one of them and let them know about the forum? If they want to come over and set up an account, I'll make them the forum moderator.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

joshua neff

i, myself, would love to see a "story engine" forum...
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Ron Edwards

To my understanding, Issaries Inc is perfectly happy to see a Hero Wars forum here.

Let's get posting.

Best,
Ron