News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Cafepress Stuff

Started by Matt Gwinn, January 17, 2002, 03:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

Any chance we could get one of those T-shirts in black?

How about a hat too? :-)

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Clinton R. Nixon

I wish we could - but CafePress doesn't offer t-shirts or hats in black, and they're the only outfit we can sell from risk-free to us (we don't have to print up T-shirts first.)

Gamers love the black clothes for some reason. I might try to print up some spiffy ones for GenCon and sell them there.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Zak Arntson

For my birthday last year I got a http://www.ape-law.com">www.ape-law.com shirt in a mottled gray. It's a really awesome color. Much better than black, I think.

Mike Holmes

It just dawned on me.

I was thinking that T-shirts are pretty typical, as are hats. It occurred to me that Jared's beret at GenCon last year was pretty cool, but I though that if we all wore them that we'd look like some paramilitary group. Which is not really the feel of the forge. It's something more artistic. So what we need is an article of clothing that indicates that creativity.

Then I thought about the name, The Forge, and it struck me. I flashed on a cover of a MERP supplement (McBride, I think; damn if that wasn't the best art for a game) called something like Treasures of Middle Earth. On the cover was the most ripped elf you can imagine looking at a ring (Celebrimbor?), and standing in front of a Forge. What's he wearing? An apron.

I want an apron with a big "The Forge" logo on it. Something tough and manly like you'd see at a steel mill. Think they might have something like that?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Mike Holmes
I want an apron with a big "The Forge" logo on it. Something tough and manly like you'd see at a steel mill. Think they might have something like that?

I want a pair of silk undies with Ron's smiling mug right on the...oh wait.

No, actually that's pretty funny, Mike. In a good way.

You freak.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Mike Holmes

Actually, that kind of kicks ass. Unfortunately, aprons aren't offered through CafePress, although they have special offerings at different times of year - I'll suggest the apron idea to them.

A quick run-down of what we currently have to choose from:

- White t-shirt
- White long-sleeve t-shirt
- White ladies t-shirt
- White tank top (this is for us redneck Forgers, I guess)
+ Ash-grey t-shirt
- Sweatshirt (ash-grey)
- Ash-grey hooded sweatshirt
- Mug
+ Big fucking mug
+ Mousepad
+ Book bag
- Baseball hat (white with black bill)
- Bucket hat (like some sort of outback business)
- Boxer shorts (white)

For a complete list of what they offer - and what the graphics specifications are, if any of you want to design a product for the Forge, check out http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/products.aspx
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Matt Snyder

Ok, Clinton, here goes ...

See, I have this supernatural power to make other people ignore me. It never fails. As soon as I get sick of a thread here or on RPG.net, all I have to do is post and -- voila! -- everyone shuts up, though usually it requires me to hit reload about 50 times before the quiet finally settles in.

Funny thing is, I have a Power Stunt that extends my abilities to emails or private messages. All I have to do is contact people and -- Bampf! --  I never hear from 'em again.

So what I'm wondering is, does your inbox have enough kryptonite to keep my power at bay? I sent an email offering up graphic design skills for Forge stuff, and haven't heard a word.

Now if I can just get that John Wick guy to acknowledge my pathetic existence, I'll have found an arch-nemesis for my superpowered self ...
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: chimera
So what I'm wondering is, does your inbox have enough kryptonite to keep my power at bay? I sent an email offering up graphic design skills for Forge stuff, and haven't heard a word.

(Laugh. Snort.) Matt - I apologize for not getting back to you. In order, I:

a) checked my mail and downloaded your message,
b) thought about responding,
c) moved my computer,
d) completely hosed my network card somehow.

So - I haven't gotten back to you since I only have internet access from work (until tonight, when I install a new network card), and your e-mail's on my home machine. I'm sending you a private message instead.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Matt Snyder

Curses, foiled again! Clinton's found me, and replied rather politely. What's the world coming to!?!?

So, now I'm going to work up a t-shirt design for the Forge. Does anyone have clever ideas for what the back might read? I'm thinking of a nice pocket-sized graphic on the front, with something pithy on the back. Anyone?
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

joshua neff

"GNS this, motherfucker!"

or

"I got yer GNS right here, pal!"
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Adam

Clinton R. Nixon

You could do something I forgot to on all the designs currently up - include the freaking URL. Heh.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Paul Czege

Back in the Gaming Outpost days of GNS discussion, I had the idea of creating graphics people could use in their signatures to declare their bias. They would have looked like this:

gnS

gNs

Gns

Might be nice for the front breast pocket area of the shirt, three different designs.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

joshua neff

Adam--

I like that. How about:

"Just play it."

Nike wouldn't go after us, would they?
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Jared A. Sorensen

A picture of Ron, arms outstretched, yelling, "I AM THE GOLDEN GOD!"

Hee hee.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com