News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

we need a gaming method forum

Started by poppocabba, May 02, 2001, 07:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppocabba

I would really value a forum on gaming method, that could be applied to playtesting as well as more non-mechanical aspects of game design.

Ron Edwards

I was thinking of something like this just a few hours ago. Here's my proposal:

Actual Play

In other words, the forum is for discussing actual role-playing experiences, system applications, settings in action, and usage of text and so on. I *really* do not want to see a "general topics" forum on the Forge, and I want to stay focused on the real point of the site: development and promotion of independent RPGs.

So an "Actual Play" forum would be a great place to discuss how these games WORK, and I think it would serve Poppocabba's point perfectly, and keep the "well what if" and "this would happen" vaporing out of it.

Best,
Ron

Paul Czege

Before I post in Actual Play, let me ask for a clarification. Are we limiting discussion in that forum to independent RPG's only? It's something that can be difficult to discern.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Paul and everyone else--

This is your board. I might pay the hosting fees, but its content is up to you.

I'd like to stay focused on indie games, but discussion of any play leads to greater understanding of RPGs, which leads to better independent games.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games