News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Forge Bookshelf and problems

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 27, 2004, 09:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

I'm posting this here because I've gotten several e-mails recently about the Forge Bookshelf. Recently, the database that powers the Bookshelf crashed and all data was lost. My last backup, as I thought that, hey, my hosting company has things under control, was two months old. This is a bad thing, and you can feel free to toss bad mind-waves my way, if you wish. I've been kicking myself for a few days over it.

Anyway, what's the outcome? If you've bought any games that reside on the Bookshelf in the last few months, your authorization is lost. To get it back, e-mail the original authorization e-mail to me, and I'll take care of it. Apologies for the inconvenience, and know that backups are happening on a more regular basis now.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

montag

you mean these 'Your authorisation at the FB has changed" mails?
I deleted them all, I wasn't aware they were necessary to confirm my purchases.

Are there any other options besides going through all the transactions at PayPal and contacting the authors?
markus
------------------------------------------------------
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do."
--B. F. Skinner, Contingencies of Reinforcement (1969)

clehrich

So I knew about all this, so I wasn't surprised when I tried to log in and it said it had no idea who I was.

But then I tried to create a new account, and it wouldn't let me.  It said there was a problem inserting my data into the database.  I tried a couple of times, but since I need to use a valid email, and I only have one, it didn't seem to make any difference what I did.

Since I just bought Dogs in the Vineyard, I'm sort of anxious to get this solved.  What do I do?
Chris Lehrich

Thunder_God

Kinda urgent, since army looms in 5 hours(sleep good too).
I bought a game from a site directly(KPFS), but can't find the Forge Library now, would someone help by directing me to the Forge library? :O
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Nathan P.

Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Thunder_God

This should be linked to, prominently.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010