News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Campaign Seed -- is this the place to post?

Started by Darcy Burgess, August 24, 2004, 02:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcy Burgess

I'm working up a campaign for a Star Wars game (using The Riddle of Steel as a mechanic).  I've posted over at the new RoS forum, but traffic is very light -- I could use the broader depth that the Forge offers.

I'm looking for some help re: building the campaign and its premise, but I want to make sure I'm in the right place to do so.  If I am, I have a more "meaty" post waiting in the wings.

Thanks
Black Cadillacs - Your soapbox about War.  Use it.

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

Although people have used this forum to present and discuss prep, I try to discourage it. My thinking is this:

a) Prep isn't play, and it's impossible to distinguish between those posters who really are prepping and those who are using prep as a daydream-substitute for play.

b) With a little re-thinking, the posters who are really prepping for play can isolate a principle or point that they are grappling with, and therefore bring it up in GNS or in Theory. It's OK to be very concrete in doing so, by specifying the system and the circumstances of play, and also by talking about it being prep - nothing about this suggestion means being abstract or vague.

Best,
Ron