News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Looking for Continuum AP stories.

Started by anonymouse, October 24, 2004, 02:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymouse

Okay, so this is a weird game. And I've tried writing a kind of intro to this post to explain where I'm coming from three or four times, and it's not happening. ;p Suffice to say: the game is very appealing, I've read it and pondered it and digested it for months now, and think I'm pretty much at the point where once I got a game -going- I'd be rolling in fun and have no problems. It's the getting-started that is causing me fits.

So: I really, desperately need some actual-play Span 1 starting sessions. The book is pathetically, aggravatingly, CRIMINALLY negligent in this capacity. I'd love to read what your first "adventures" involved, how the players reacted (did they feel it was contrived that you made a statue break for them to investigate.. just because?), and anything else you remember. I'm definitely looking for something more than demo-play which just highlighted mechanics; 2-3 sessions minimum.

Since I will undoubtably have follow-up questions, it'd probably be best if any Continuum AP had its own, seperate threads; you can post replies to this thread with summaries + URL to the seperate AP thread. This way the thread retains a kind of central search/AP repository use, without fracturing into (I hope) dozens of other conversations.
You see:
Michael V. Goins, wielding some vaguely annoyed skills.
>

Jonathan Walton

Sure, Michael.  Let me find my notes from the last OberCon and I'll post some Continuum Actual Play for you (it's one of my favorite games EVAR!).  I ran a Span 1 demo scenario I wrote called "Nice Try, McFly!" for two different groups with pretty decent success both times.  The plot revolved around the group going to see the premier of Back to the Future in 1989 and running into a couple of Narcs with nefarious plans.

Michael S. Miller

I ran Continuum when the game first came out. It went very poorly. You can read the gory details at [Continuum] Crashed & Burned.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!