News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Confusion about the world

Started by rikiwarren, December 20, 2002, 01:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikiwarren

The book makes references to Otamarluk/Dardanet conflicts, yet when I look at the map there appears to be a large land mass between them (Taveruun).

I read through the description of Taveruun, hoping to be enlightened (thinking that they might be somehow subserviant to Otamarluk), but The description (especially the wall they're creating to hold back Otamarluk raiders) just confuses me all the more.

It seems that I had a similar confusion with the projected Gelure war, but I don't remember what it was off hand (and I don't have my book with me right now).

-Rich-
Check out my essays on the intersection of writing and gaming at http://overstuffed-dicebag.blogspot.com/.

Jake Norwood

The confusion is due to...gasp...lack of proper correlation between me and Rick, who wrote Taveruun. The conflict is an important part of the history, though, so I explain it by making the whole southeastern portion of Taveruun overrun and un-governed, with the two armies passing back and forth all the time.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Bankuei

Hey Jake, will there ever be any info on the "missing" countries?  I'm pretty curious since most are in the region of the Steppe warriors, and I'm hyped to do a Mongol/Hun/Mamluk influence campaign.

Chris

Jake Norwood

Hmmm....maybe. I intended those to be "fair game," but I'm happy to publish anyone's ideas.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Bob Richter

Quote from: rikiwarrenThe book makes references to Otamarluk/Dardanet conflicts, yet when I look at the map there appears to be a large land mass between them (Taveruun).

I read through the description of Taveruun, hoping to be enlightened (thinking that they might be somehow subserviant to Otamarluk), but The description (especially the wall they're creating to hold back Otamarluk raiders) just confuses me all the more.

It seems that I had a similar confusion with the projected Gelure war, but I don't remember what it was off hand (and I don't have my book with me right now).

-Rich-

Otarmarluk considers Taveruun a part of their country. Taveruun doesn't agree, but lacks the military to do much about it. :)
So ye wanna go earnin' yer keep with yer sword, and ye think that it can't be too hard...