News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

call to Bay Area players

Started by Tor Erickson, June 03, 2003, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tor Erickson

Hi all,

I'm about to move down to the East Bay in mid-June and was hoping to make some indie role-playing connections.  Anybody in the Oakland/Berkeley area want to get together later this month and discuss gaming over coffee, or anybody looking for a potential player, or trying to start something up?  It would be great if I could make some gaming contacts before moving down.

Go ahead and PM me, or send me an email at <tor_erickson@hotmail.com>.

-Tor, waiting to see what east bay gaming is all about

John Kim

Quote from: Tor EricksonI'm about to move down to the East Bay in mid-June and was hoping to make some indie role-playing connections.  Anybody in the Oakland/Berkeley area want to get together later this month and discuss gaming over coffee, or anybody looking for a potential player, or trying to start something up?  It would be great if I could make some gaming contacts before moving down.
Hi.  I'm on the Peninsula (Redwood City) rather than East Bay.  So coffee and maybe some one-offs sound neat.  I think we may have room for another player, but regular sessions are likely to be problematic.  

Apropos of that, though, I think it is generally cool to find other gamers in one's area.  While I certainly appreciate the Indie Net-gaming, I vastly prefer face-to-face (in part because I spend my workday in front of a computer screen).  

OK - scanning the members list, there are Uncle Dark, Tar Markvar, MoonHunter, iago, Silopolis, Jay Turner in "Bay Area" and there are Molotov, elfwreck, and littlejohn in Oakland.  It could be neat to hook up, perhaps.
- John

Gordon C. Landis

I'm in San Jose.  Between life and existing games, the schedule gets pretty full, but I'd love to hear about any Bay Area gatherings.
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

talysman

if there's any big planned events, let me know. sacramento isn't that far away.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

James Holloway

I'm in the UK right now, but I'll be back in the Bay Area in the winter.

Jay Turner

Hi there,

I'm in the Bay Area (Live in Belmont, work in Oakland). I have a pretty regular game group hat plays in Daly City, but it's a tough group to crack (made of jaded folks who don't really care--I can't even convince them to be willing to playtest my own games). I'd love to get into a fun and creative game group with emphasis on having a good time. I'm not sure if I'll have time to get into another group (we play on Sunday, I work Mon-Fri, Saturdays are sacred slack days), but I think it'd be cool to meet up with other gamers in the area.

Drop me a PM or email me at jturner@zobiegames.com if you want to chat. :)
Jay Turner
Zobie Games
http://www.zobiegames.com">www.zobiegames.com

Tor Erickson

Hey y'all,

I'm all for a gamer gathering; it's a community and we should treat it as such.  Anyway, I realize many have a full plate gaming-wise already, and I'm not trying to cut in on anyone's territory, but I'm just hoping that if I can meet some folks with similar interests in gaming, maybe through them I could meet some other folks... and maybe eventually get something going.  

Good to get some responses, anyone else out there?

-Tor

Scratchware

One question, why isn't this thread in the CONNECTIONS forum?
"I refuse to date a girl who would rather play Baldur's Gate than be with me... wait, that didn't come out right".

Tor Erickson

Hm.  It hadn't occurred to me.  I thought that connections was for people looking for artists/writers/playtesters etc.  Since I'm just looking to play... -Tor

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

I'm been mulling over what to do with this thread, and it seems to me the best thing to do is let it fade out about right now. Tor's found some people, which is good, but I really don't want any forum at the Forge to be used as a "group-finder" service.

So, no one's done a bad thing or anything like that, but it's time to close it.

Best,
Ron