News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ubercon: First One's Free

Started by Luke, September 16, 2003, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Hi folks,

So I am still very interested in promoting the Forge and its attendant games at the conventions I am heading out to in the next couple of months.

The Forge East idea, while received well, ultimately met with a small show of hands. However, as it stands I will have Universalis and Sorcerer on my table at Ubercon. I'm really excited about this, and I'd like to have more games there, too.

So, I say, this one's on me. Send me a couple copies of your game and I'll promote it on my table. I am so enthusiastic about the games you produce and the Forge in general that I am willing to just do it for the hell of it. Just to prove that it can be done.

PM me or email me for my address. Ubercon is in exactly one month, so act quickly.  I've been researching a few different games lately, and I must say that the majority of the Forge games really are quite different than the rest of what is out there. Together we can spread the word.

-Luke

ethan_greer

I'll go on record to say that I think Luke is making a phenomenal offer here, and if I had a product, it would certainly be on his table without question. As soon as I have books in my hand, contacting Luke will be one of the first things I do.

Luke

Ok, Ubercon is in about two and a half weeks. If you are going to send me anything, now is the time to do it.

So far I have Sorcerer, Universalis, and My Life with Master to proudly display on my table. An auspicious start!

This week i'll be tracking down a display rack, making Forge business cards, and making some sign boards.

-L

M. J. Young

At this moment, our feeling is, thanks for the offer but it doesn't work for us.

You should understand that for the first two years that we were in business, every copy of the Referee's Rules we sold came with a free copy of The First Book of Worlds. We're still committed to the idea that you really do need that world book to fully appreciate Multiverser and to start play.

You've stated that you could only put one book by each publisher on the table; we've got what is in essence a two-book starter set.

It would be a bit like you saying you'll sell copies of either the Players Handbook or the Dungeon Masters Guide, but not both. It doesn't really help us all that much.

We might reconsider in the future, but right now we can't figure out how to make it work.

Thanks again.

--M. J. Young, Valdron Inc