News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Profiling

Started by Ron Edwards, November 02, 2001, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hey there,

Shortly after the Forge became revived, a thread started up that was VERY useful to everyone involved at the time. I'd like to start it again, as it really belonged in this forum anyway.

It goes like this.
What are the last three role-playing games that you actually, really played?

What three role-playing games, out of ALL the ones you've EVER played, have you enjoyed the most?

What three role-playing games that you have NOT played would you most like to try?

So for me, at present, it goes like this:

Last played: Little Fears, a homebrew by a group member, and Hero Wars

Most enjoyed: Sorcerer, Hero Wars, The Whispering Vault

Want to try: The Dying Earth, Nobilis, Wyrd

And one final point - if you have no objection, it'd be nice to know people's real first names if you don't use it already. There's absolutely no obligation to do so, but if it's OK with you, just sign your profile with it.

Best,
Ron

[ This Message was edited by: Ron Edwards on 2001-11-02 13:18 ]

jburneko

Okay I'm game.

Last Played: 7th Sea, Deadlands, D&D3E

Most Enjoyed: Chill, 7th Sea, Deadlands

Want To Try: Sorcerer, Castle Falkenstein, Any World of Darkness Game.

Jesse

joshua neff

Okay, well my online name is joshua neff & my real name is Joshua Neff. (Those caps make ALL the difference!)

Last 3 RPGs played: Mage (my own mutated version), InSpectres, The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Most enjoyed: Well, I quite like the general premise & setting of Mage, but as many have heard me bitch, I'm really frustrated with White Wolf's system & their metaplotiness. The other games I've most enjoyed: InSpectres & Over the Edge.

Want to try: Story Engine, Sorcerer, & Dying Earth. (And, yes, Adventure!.)
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Mike Holmes

Last three: Universalis (if it counts), Some wacky home rules I came up with that were a combination of D6 using Zenobia's combat system, Rolemaster, and Over the Edge (in case Uni don't count)

Favorites: Assorted homebrews and Universalis. What can I say, I make games I like. My players hate the fact that they have to learn new rules for every game we play, though. My RM campaigns have gone through seven full versions of the rules, one of which looked suspiciously like GURPS. I'm a madman, I admit it. And, hey, you can make anything out of Hero System... :smile:

Want to try: Hero Wars, Primeval (two days from now with Tom), Geek Season as soon as Sean gets back to me with his latest edits!

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Balbinus

Ok,

Played:  Gurps, Elric, Call of Cthulhu.

Most enjoyed:  Call of Cthulhu (by a long way), Gurps (though I don't like it at all nowadays), Feng Shui/OtE tie (though I've only played each once).  Getting to 3 here is difficult, there are a lot of tied at third places.

Want to try:  Sorceror and Sword, Little Fears, Castle Falkenstein.  Again, tricky to pick just 3.

Why am I presently playing Gurps even though I don't like the system anymore?  Simple, its not my game and the GM likes Gurps.

Best,

Max
AKA max

James Holloway

My real name is just like it says:

Last played: Call of Cthulhu (live and tt), Mage (live), FVLMINATA

Most enjoyed: Call of Cthulhu, Unknown Armies, FVLMINATA

Want to try: too many to list: let's try Sorcerer, Over the Edge, and Wyrd, just as examples.

Mike Holmes

Aw, crud, how could I not put Cthulhu on my list of favorites. Can I get a do over? Cthulhu!

Yog-Sothoth! Ia! Ia! Ftaghn Cthulhu!

(that doesn't work over the internet does it?)
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Paul Czege

Wasn't there some discussion of adding these items to the user profiles? It would be cool as hell to press a button and see a chart or something showing games trending upwards or downwards in popularity among Forge regulars.

Here goes:

Last played: The Pool, Theatrix, and InSpectres

Most enjoyed: The last few games I've played

Most want to try at this very moment: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil, Whispering Vault, Swashbuckler

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Laurel

Last played: Exalted, generic d20, friend's indie game called Adventurer.

Favorite: Werewolf, Over The Edge 2nd Ed, Shadowrun

Want to try: Sorcerer, Little Fears, Wuthering Heights

(PS- There's a lot of Seattle folks on The Forge.  I'd really like to participate in a twice monthly group to try indie games, with a revolving GM)

Matt Snyder

Thanks for getting this started, Ron.

Last three games I played: D&D 3E, Star Wars D20, Warhammer FRP

Three games I've most enjoyed: Call of Cthulhu, AD&D, Marvel Super Heroes

Three games I want to play: Ars Magica, Nobilis, Tribe 8

Matt

[ This Message was edited by: chimera on 2001-11-02 15:04 ]
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

333Chronzon

What are the last three role-playing games that you actually, really played?

PRIMEVAL (playtesting, if that counts :smile: , GURPS (Fantasy), WereWolf: The Apocalpse.      

What three role-playing games, out of ALL the ones you've EVER played, have you enjoyed the most?

I have had a good time with alot of games, the only one I could say that I had a *consistently* good time with as far as playing them goes is CoC.  TMNT comes in a close second, but that's due mainly to the people I was playing with at the time and the *ideas* of the game vs anthing to do with the Paladium game itself.          

The single best Roleplaying expeience of my life was during a Home brew 'fantasy' game created and run by a friend of mine about 7 years ago.  It was overall the best run, most intense and enjoyable experience I ever had roleplaying. Well, until we started work on PRIMEVAL :smile:  

What three role-playing games that you have NOT played would you most like to try?

Agone, Little Fears, Unknown Armies

I would love to try these out.  I have Little Fears, but very little opportunity to run or play anything right now.

Scott Bowen

mahoux

Well, considering I have been running with a group that changes its makeup regularly, I would say:

played recently - Indspectres, Broomstix and Deadlands

enjoyed - a really fun D&D, Broomstix and Deadlands

would like to play - basically CoC, a full blown 7th Sea and Plastic people.  Plastic people is one I would have to play, not run.

Overall, I enjoy a lot of games but I just never get the chance to finish them all
Taking the & out of AD&D

http://home.earthlink.net/~knahoux/KOTR_2.html">Knights of the Road, Knights of the Rail has hit the rails!

Jeffrey Straszheim

Hey there,

Last Played: The Pool, Sorcerer, Everway
Favorite: The Pool, Prince Valient, Ars Magica
Desired: Hero Wars, Wyrd, Nobilis

Oh, and my RL name is Jeffrey Straszheim
Jeffrey Straszheim

Paul Czege

I'd really like to participate in a twice monthly group to try indie games, with a revolving GM.

Holy bonus Batman! A female player/GM who's looking for a group?!?! I thought the species was extinct outside of captivity. How far is it from Seattle to Michigan anyway?
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Bankuei

Last Played: Story Engine, D&D 3E, Big Eyes Small Mouth

Most Enjoyed: Big Eyes Small Mouth, Mage, Feng Shui(a year and a half campaign!)

Want to play: The World, the Flesh, and the Devil(looks fun), the Pool, personal homebrew

I, too, am a Seattle GM looking to play new games with folks. :smile: