[Adept Press] 2015 battle plan

Started by Ron Edwards, January 29, 2015, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

So this is when I discover whether it works.

First, the only semi-Adept thing, is the appearance of my book about The Island of Doctor Moreau, in the fall. More about that later, after the production division settles on a title, after I get the website set up, and similar. But it's a big deal for me, mainstream publishing and all.

Now for gaming stuff.

1. A Doctor Chaos playtesting + crowdfunding + promotion campaign. This is in conjunction with a comics pro who is totally juiced about the game. It'll probably be more Patreon than Kickstarter, although maybe with one of the latter strictly to get the game into fab production shape.

2. Writing my big essay on D&D. It's maybe even a book of its own, and not fucking around.

3. Getting with Double Exposure's Envoy program, for a con and store demonstration blast of my games all year long.

4. Launching Vincent's "Forge Extract" function (I just made up that name), which lets me and others create readable thread-grabs to capture specific dialogues and concepts. Conceivably, I think I might also go in and totally re-do the Wiki so every single word in there is plain and simple language, with no scholarly completism at all.

5. Promoting the Chaldea material as the development material comes together and gets closer to launch.

6. A project with Rafael Chandler concerning a certain sort-of-OSR game I like.

And then there's playing games again ... the current wanna-play list is Blood Red Sands, Bethorn, Ehdrigohr, DeGenesis, D&D (Holmes '77), more D&D 4E, The Clay That Woke, In Flames, Atlantis, and Empire of Dust. If you add Circle of Hands in there, and see a general theme of "scorched earth, rise from the ashes" then you'd be right - a fit metaphor for my whole change in life over 2014-2015.

Jesse Burneko

Wait, you AND Rafael working on something?  Isn't that likely to create some kind of world-ending tome of madness?

Jesse

Ron Edwards

Oh yeah, forgot:

7. Heartbreaker Redemption webpage

---

Jesse, why yes, that has been mentioned.

glandis

Disappointing not to see Amerikkka in there, but that's a pretty full schedule! Good luck, and I'm looking forward to 'em.

Ron Edwards

Damn it!

8. Returning to reading and notes-taking for Amerikkka throughout the year, including early drafts.

Miskatonic

Best of luck! I'm excited about all of these.

John W

Congratz, it must be so satisfying to be able to focus on gaming-and-other-stuff-you-love like this.  I'll be watching for these projects with interest.

Cheers,
-J

Ron Edwards

Considering today was another damned snow day, the idea of me "concentrating" on anything is a faint, dim, bitter memory.

Christoph

Except for shovelling, I presume?

Looking forward to your new stuff (especially the actual play threads that will come with your future play, I love reading your analyses on games).