[Doctor Xaos] Doctor Xaos spotted in the wild as Super-Enigmatix

Started by edheil, May 24, 2015, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edheil

Richard Sala's Super-Enigmatix.

Richard Sala's a cartoonist known for his strange, pulp/noir/horror work.  Last year or so he wrote a comic book which was published as Through a Glass, Grotesquely, but was published first on the web as Super-Enigmatix.

The titular villain is ten steps ahead of everyone else.  (Except perhaps one person, who matters to him.)  He is capable of acts of menace which the ordinary forces of the world are powerless to stop.  He acted in the shadows till he was drawn out into the open.  He has a Point, if a nihilistic one (everything is rotten, top to bottom, ESPECIALLY top, and deserves to be destroyed, from the top down if possible -- OH GOD he hates the powers that be), and a history... his secret origin involves the world of counterculture and protest, and his motivation is rage at the failure of that culture to change the world.  (I just heard Ron's ears perk up.)  And of course there's one person, who matters to him, for whom he would throw it all away, but somehow that does not work out.

Oh, did I mention the legion of beautiful henchwomen in leather catsuits with guns?

Anyway, it's just a little comic book but it's a great one and Super-Enigmatix would be a great Doctor Xaos role model.

I was going to say "there aren't superheroes, there are intrepid investigators," but I'm wrong, there ARE superheroes, but um... well, the less said about them the better.  :)

Posting this 'cuz I posted it on Plus and Ron asked me to drop a note about it here so he'd remember it.

Ron Edwards