Main Menu

[S/lay] Writing with Games

Started by Eero Tuovinen, March 29, 2016, 04:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eero Tuovinen

We're playing S/lay w/ Me as a sort of a creative writing exercise at a new blog with a couple of my friends. The idea is to drift the usual face-to-face techniques of play just enough to end up with acceptable serial storytelling. In practice the Goes are sort of long and literate, as one might expect.

We've played a couple of Goes already and started publishing the results this week; the intent is to continue publishing in real time once the blog catches up with our play schedule (two Goes per player per week). We'll see how it develops. I'll need to whip up some ornamental art for the blog as well soon, it's a little bit gray at the moment; not bad for focusing on the text, but I think we can make it a little bit more colorful without distracting from that.

Eero Tuovinen

And we're at it again: the first story was such a success creatively (audience-wise I think only one or two people have read the story so far) that we decided immediately to start another episode. The actual starting date wasn't immediate, of course, but now it's on. As might be expected, we swapped roles and are now writing about a new hero.