News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Searching for old links by message number -

Started by Silmenume, October 06, 2005, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silmenume

Is there a way to search the forums by message number?
Aure Entuluva - Day shall come again.

Jay

Mike Holmes

You mean by topic number? Just change the URL for this page: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=17131.0

By changing the last number to the appropriate topic number, and you'll go straight there.

But I sense that you mean something else...  Do you mean using links with the old enumeration to find the current document with the same content? Do you have broken links somewhere? Or something else entirely?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Silmenume

Quote from: Mike Holmes on October 07, 2005, 04:34:12 PMDo you mean using links with the old enumeration to find the current document with the same content? Do you have broken links somewhere?

Yes to both.  I was searching around the other day looking for a specific post.  Using advanced search I managed to find a post that had a link to a post who's content I suspected was the one I was looking for, but couldn't get to it because the old enumeration system did not include topic numbers.  All I had was a message number.  I had to backet dates using the main boards and slowly zero in the message number.  It took about 20 minutes to find the message I was hunting for.  Ick...
Aure Entuluva - Day shall come again.

Jay