News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Latest outage

Started by RaconteurX, October 25, 2003, 08:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaconteurX

Either the site was down for all of Friday night into Saturday morning, or my internet provider at work (Earthlink) no longer likes your host. Never have I seen a site down for so long.

Ron Edwards

That sounds local, Michael. No outage struck here ...

Anyone else?

Best,
Ron

Paul Czege

I was online from 9:00 p.m. until around 10:40 Eastern time, and then again from maybe 1:00 a.m. until 3:00 or so, and noticed no outage.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

RaconteurX

Hrm. Odd, given that The Forge was the only site I could not reach out of the many I have bookmarked for quick reference at work. May have to ask the boss whether our web-filtering might have caught and killfiled it. Strange that it would do that to one game-related site and not another.

Sparky

I was reading the free-game lists and the site stopped responding to me...and I think that was Friday evening. I had no problems going anywhere else, so I assumed that it was the Forge site.

Sparky

Brian Leybourne

Certainly no problems getting to the Forge from this end. Friday night for you guys is Saturday midday/afternoon for me, and I was definately using the Forge at that time.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

M. J. Young

It seems to me that I was posting here Friday evening and again very late into Friday night/Saturday morning without any indication of trouble here; I did notice that the number of people active on the forums was a bit low, but I attributed that to the lateness of the hour--I'm Eastern US time.

--M. J. Young

RaconteurX

Whatever problem there is, I still get the following at work:

error id: "httpd_bad_conf"

or something like that.

Mike Holmes

I've had a couple of little episodes like that of late. They cleared up quickly in my case, however. Not sure if the timeframes match or not.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Mark

Quote from: Mike HolmesI've had a couple of little episodes like that of late.

That can't be pretty... ;)

(Thanks for the invite, Mike! :) )

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Mark
Quote from: Mike HolmesI've had a couple of little episodes like that of late.

That can't be pretty... ;)
Uh, well, FWIW, I haven't seen anything since that posting, so it seems like whatever the problem was that it's subsided. OTOH, that's just one poster's experience.

That said, this is probably Mark's little joke. As a means of introduction, Mark is not only the creative mind behind Creative Mountain games, but he's done stand-up as well. Hmmm, what does that say about d20? ;-)

I met Mark at the opening of James' new store here in Milwaukee, and I hope he we can find a way to help him, and vice versa. He's got some nifty products (even for a non-d20 player like myself).

Mark, on the Indie front, maybe you could post something in the Publishing forum on your "Third Party Publisher" liscence. With some links to other sites where it's been discussed if appropriate.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

RaconteurX

Today is the first time in nearly two weeks that I have been able to access The Forge from my workplace. Hopefully the problem is a thing of the past... :)

Mark

Quote from: Mike HolmesMark, on the Indie front, maybe you could post something in the Publishing forum...

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?t=8610

:)

Ron Edwards

Thread's closed, folks. Its topic died a few posts back.

Best,
Ron