[indiegogo] Forest Keeper

Started by Giovanni Micolucci, November 10, 2012, 07:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giovanni Micolucci

Hi All!

I'm Giovanni Micolucci (From italy),  I'd want to bring your attention on this Italian role-playing game project, recently started on IndieGoGo:
http://indiegogo.com/forestkeeper

In this Action Roleplaying Game (ARPG) you play the animals of the Great Wood, the only beings capable to face and stop the Wicked Fire: the Eagle-Owl, the Rat and the Marmot. Fight with the weapons gifted to you by Nature, exploit the scenery to your advantage, shape the wood with magic, turn the tide of battle with your animal powers, destroy the Excavators and save the Great Wood!

The game is made for a maximum of 5 players, one of which (we call them "Storyteller") plays the Great Wood and the rest of its inhabitants. In this ARPG, it's the players who set the difficulties of their characters' missions and the amount of resources the Storyteller has to oppose them.

Forest Keeper has been already released in Italian, and now we want to translate it in English!

it's what we call an Action Roleplaying Game (ARPG), in which you play the last, furry heroes of the Great Wood, in their struggle against the Wicked Fire the "Eagle-Owl, the Rat and the Marmot".

You'll fight with weapons gifted to you by Nature, exploit the scenery to your advantage, shape the wood with a freeform magic, unleash your animal powers, beat the corrupted animals servants of the Wicked Fire, destroy the human
Excavators... and save the Great Wood!

The game is made for a maximum of five players, one of which we'll call "Storyteller" (Evil Fire...). He plays the Great Wood and the rest of its inhabitants, friends or foes.

At the base level, the system works the following way:
To do something you roll two six-sided dices, add the results together and check if the sum is equal or less than the value of the appropriate Domain: there are three, Physical, Mental or Exploration. The higher your character's skills, the more
chances he has to succeed; during the game, the characters grow by accumulating forest power points, which make them stronger and more effective.

Roleplaying your character in Forest Keeper will be fundamental: if you don't, you'll give away precious bonuses to your opponents. The system makes all this advancements happen in real time, during sessions and even during fights.
In Forest Keeper, in fact, will be on the players to decide the mission's difficulty and whether or not your buddies are playing their characters in an interesting and compelling way!

By choosing the amount of points you want to obtain on a successful mission, you give more or less power to the opposition in the hands of the Storyteller. He frames the scenes and narrates the setting, but has limited
resources to build NPCs and hinder the animals' efforts.

Well, I think I highlighted the main features of Forest Keeper and of what playing it will be.

With Forest Keeper, you're supporting a group of friends making stuff other groups of friends would like, as this one and many more other games to follow... but at the same time, must say, you're helping carrying a message of care and respect
for Nature, presenting itself as more and more important - still often ignored - nowadays.

"So guys, best regards from the the Eagle-Owl, the Rat and the Marmot, from the
whole Great Wood... And of course from the Vas Quas Team!" (Cit. Matteo Mariani XD XD XD "Watch indiegogo video")

Ron Edwards

This is an advertisement and is not permissible at this forum.

Everyone: do not reply. This thread is closed to posting.

Best, Ron

Giovanni Micolucci

Sorry I did not want to make trouble, immediately delete all, sorry I do not write well in English. I really did "Cut and Paste" of other posts to compose the topic...

I did not want to create trouble, again excuse...
Giovanni

Ron Edwards

Maybe I was not emphatic enough.

Everyone: do not post again to this thread. Before you touch the keyboard, consider whether that might somehow possibly apply to you. There is literally nothing you must add that overrides that bolded sentence.

Best, Ron