Main Menu

Nicotine girls play by blog!

Started by E, April 16, 2008, 11:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E

Maybe this could be fun to play:

Each player make a nicotine girl and a blog for her.

- You post blog entry instead of playing scenes.
- You use a online dice roller.
- Smoking is replaced by Comments.

Posting blog entry:
- You post a blog entry about something your character want to do, you introduce a conflict, a goal, etc...
- You wait for a few comments.
Comments work like Smoking: if you follow the tips and advices you received in your comments for that entry you add a dice (or your comments attribute) to your resolution roll. And if you ignore all the advices you remove a dice (or you comments attribute), just like with smoking.
- You make the conflict resolution dice roll using fear or hope.
- You post a new blog entry describing the outcome:
If you used fear and the outcome is successful it will be tainted by fear or some negative emotion or there could be some hints of a new conflict ahead. Things may go your way, but they hurt you at the same time, or they start new conflicts.
If you used hope and are successful: things go your way and the outcome is positive!

Your hope refresh rate: use a real life week or month instead of a game session. (depending on your posting rate)

As in the normal game, player can add to their character's Fear score at any time by assuming adversity into the girl's life according to the game chart.

You can play alone or with other nicotine girls. Other players can give advice and comment each other post as they wish.
Optional rules: don't reveal to each other who is your nicotine girl character. Let each other guess who is who ;-)

Ethic rule: since other blogers may comment your blog, clearly identify it as a rpg blog and link your dice rolls results.

I have not tested it, but If someone wish to, I could give it a try :-)

Eero Tuovinen

Heh, that's a fun idea. I don't have the time to play, but let us know about it if you do. I'd read it, certainly.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.