How to promote a contest?

Started by Calithena, May 12, 2008, 12:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calithena

So, I've been working on this magazine called Fight On!, which is an old-school fantasy fanzine. All you indie designers who started out in the old days, if you have notebooks with adventures/rules mods/campaign stuff/whatever that you don't think you're likely to use in your new designs, but you'd sort of like to see the light of day, send it along to us. All our authors and artists maintain ownership of and all rights to their content, except the the right to publish it in the issue of the mag it originally appears in in the form it originally appears in in perpetuity, which Fight On! asks for. We're a publisher and distributor of creator-owned content, really - I don't know if we get to be 'indie' or not on that basis but we're having a lot of fun either way.

But what I was hoping to get information about on this thread is how to promote things. I'm pretty well known around the internet so I can post stuff on various forums, this is actually a pretty good strategy, but if there are particular electronic or print outlets where it's possible to get the word out about our contest (see the Endeavor forum here), it would be useful to know about those. Also clever insights about strategy, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul Czege

Weren't RPG.net banner ads free to non-commercial enterprises at one point?

"Impress the judges in five rooms and win monsters for your dungeon."

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton