Designers with printed books: who do you print with and how's their service?

Started by Anna Kreider, December 14, 2008, 04:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor Hutton

It's good to know that this site exists for comparison with LULU in the UK, but it's somewhat restrictive on formats (just A4 or A5 landscape), when my most recent book is Half-Letter Landscape.

I put in some numbers and for single copies it's stiff, and then more Lulu-like for tens of copies, and cheaper than Lulu at hundreds.

Thanks for highlighting it.

lorry

Thanks for looking!

In fact, we can print any size you want.  Our perfect binding machinery is all completely computer controlled (we can even do variable data in the same run) so there is no big set up charge to change between sizes.  We're putting additional sizes and papers on the on line calculator and they should be available next week, but let me know if anyone wants a price on anything in the mean time.

We're not really set up for POD at the moment (i.e. single copies, posted) but have been approached by several "on line" businesses asking us to put proposals forward to do their UK POD printing, so that may change.

I'm told we're pretty competitive on ultra-short to medium (low thousands) runs.  For example: 10 copies of an A5 (actually any size up to A5, that's just the maximum size in that price band), full colour cover with gloss laminate, 200PP B&W inners.  Inky: £60.45 including UK mainland delivery, Lulu £295.50 (that's from their on line cost calculator, so I'm not sure whether delivery is on top of this?).

I appreciate the feedback and if anyone else has any more that would be great.