Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 11:39:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13297 Members Latest Member: - Shane786 Most online today: 30 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie games & the FLGS  (Read 929 times)
Clay

« on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »

Just wanted to drop a note in here to mention that Indie games are getting a lot of traction in the local game stores.  I went into two different stores last week selling games from Matt Snyder and Jared Sorenson, plus a fair number of other games.  I don't know how they're selling, but it's good to see that they are there.  I'm going to try to run a demo of Dust Devils in one of the stores just to try to encourage them to keep doing things like stocking indie games.

Clay Dowling
RPG-Campaign.com - Online Campaign Planning and Management
Eero Tuovinen
Acts of Evil Playtesters

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:17:56 AM »

Here in Finland the situation is similar: through this last year the foremost rpg store chain, Fantasiapelit, has taken up indie titles as a pretty routine part of the repertoire (through IPR, I understand). They don't make a big point of it, but they seem to be grouping the IPR games together as opposed to spreading them out amongst the general stock.

Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: