[Mechaton] Played it, LOVE it, have some questions

Started by Charlie Gilb, June 19, 2009, 12:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Gilb

Hey!

I played my first game of Mechaton last night with a friend of mine. What a great game!

We did have a few rules questions that cropped up:

1. Declaring attack and spot targets. In action 3b, this reads like your targets have to be in the proper range BEFORE you move, correct? That is to say, if there was a mech that was 3 hexes away from my guy, I could not target him with a melee attack that turn, even if my movement is high enough to get over to him. Is this interpretation correct?

2. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that when you have a green die, your mech can go through or over terrain, but I can't find this in the rulebook. Is this true?

Thanks for making this. I think my Warhammer and Warmachine figures will be collecting quite a bite of dust...

Charlie Gilb

lumpley

For #1, incorrect! You can declare any target you think you can reach.

In fact, you can target any mech on the board, you don't HAVE to declare a target that you can actually hit. If you declare a target you can't possibly hit - or if you declare a target 3 away, then roll all 1s so you can't reach it after all, or roll 6s but decide to run the other way instead - there's no punishment or anything. You just don't get to attack.

I'm glad you like it!

-Vincent