Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13297 Members Latest Member: - Shane786 Most online today: 31 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problems with sorcerer-rpg.com  (Read 1227 times)
lachek

« on: July 16, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »

This may not be the right place to report such issues, so please feel free to delete this post.

The http://www.sorcerer-rpg.com website seems to be having a problem - it loads fine, but all/most of the sub-links in the left menu throws PHP errors or 404s (occasionally different ones at that). Did I hit it at a bad time, perhaps?
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »

Easily answered ... the site is effectively destroyed. I don't know why or how. I've entered into a design project for the new site, which I hope will be minimally functional in a few weeks.

The books are all available for purchase at The Un-store, but the archived discussions, descriptions, essays, and other stuff at the site is out of service for a while.

Best, Ron
greyorm

My name is Raven.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

Oh! Duh! I meant to e-mail you after I'd done this, but a couple weeks ago I managed to create a nearly-complete HTML back-up of the site pieced together from what remains of the live site and all the non-working bits from pages saved on the Internet Archive (using HTTrack and a lot of manual re-coding to strip out the PHP). So I have all the discussions from the old list, FAQ, Errata, and so forth (any of which could easily be stripped down to text and dropped into a database or however you're handling the new site).

As far as I know, I have everything from the site except the stuff from the Administration section, though some of it may be older than the last working live copy depending on when I was able to pull working copy from IA. But if you have need of any of it, let me know.

Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio
greyorm

My name is Raven.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

Except I just realized most of that probably sounds like Greek to you...succinctly: I made with the computer magic and created a working copy of the site.

Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 06:19:36 PM »

Ooohh! I'm pretty sure I have my own original files for those things, but yes, Raven, that will save me a hell of a lot of hassle. Many thanks.

Best, Ron
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: