[IAWA] Oracles for Convention Play

Started by scottdunphy, September 10, 2009, 11:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottdunphy

I reformatted some Abulafia Oracles for easy convention play and thought I'd share. I combined some similar Oracles to get to 52, split others up into multiple Oracles, and add some entries myself, but these are all one full deck per Oracle.

We played the "Heavy Metal: SciFi Wasteland" this weekend and had a great game!
Story Shtick: Actual play podcast of Story Games - edited for your entertainment!  Story Shtick on Twitter

DainXB

As a primary contributor to the Heavy Metal Fantasy Oracle, I would love to hear a podcast of that session!
Or, if you didn't record it, could you list the entries you used and the characters you derived?

(I realize I'm asking over a month later, but I just noticed this thread -- I've been away from the Forge for too long, apparently...)

--DainXB

scottdunphy

I don't know if I have any notes from the game I referred to above. But we did a whole session using the "Heavy Metal: Apocalyptic Fantasy" Oracle in our home game which gets the full treatment on Obsidian Portal. Here's that session's write up. Since it's not the first chapter, the first Oracle entry was actually chosen by the player at the top of the "We Owe" list. That entry is actually the reason she picked that Oracle!
Story Shtick: Actual play podcast of Story Games - edited for your entertainment!  Story Shtick on Twitter

DainXB

Thank you for the link! 

It is absolutely cool to see what some of my oracle entries have inspired.  Ye Gods, what a battle barge!  Not to mention the Magistrate Equine, which is far afield from anything I could have made from that entry.  Wow.

So how was the transition from 'official' oracles to 'unofficial' oracles?  Were there any teething problems blending the flavor elements of the two?

P.S.  I can't wait to read the next chapter.  I'm hooked!

--DainXB

scottdunphy

We didn't have any problem switching. But then again, we didn't start with a "straight" IAWA setting. Next time, we're starting with the Wuxia Oracle! But don't get your hopes up for Chapter 2, probably not until next year.