Main Menu

[S/Lay w/Me] Female?

Started by Meme, May 18, 2010, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meme

Hi guys.

I have a question.

How about Female Heroes, Male Lovers, Omosexual desires?
I ask this cause in the book, all types of character are male, and then I wasn't sure that it was a choice of design or a rule.

Thanks for the answers ^^

Meme

P.S.: Ah, and this is cause I have to play this game with a girl soon :D
Emanuele Borio, I'm italian, and my English sucks, beware.
Meme is my real Byname, not a Nickname ^^

Ron Edwards

Hi Meme,

I don't know where you're getting this idea that the adventurers are male and the lovers are female. Some of the illustrations which suggest otherwise, and I was very careful to keep the text gender-neutral. You're reading something that's not there.

Male hero, female lover / female hero, female lover / male hero, male lover / female hero, male lover - all are possible and very easily applicable by the rules.

Best, Ron

jburneko

Ron,

For what it's worth, I've encountered more than one woman who said the overall feel of the game was very male.  They've even looked at the list of hero phrases and made the assertion that those are all male archetypes with no representation of female archetypes.

I'm willing to accept that, that says more about them than you or their game BUT it's a common enough reaction across different women that I'm genuinely curious about it.

Jesse

Meme

Quote from: Ron Edwards on May 18, 2010, 09:24:13 PM
Hi Meme,

I don't know where you're getting this idea that the adventurers are male and the lovers are female. Some of the illustrations which suggest otherwise, and I was very careful to keep the text gender-neutral. You're reading something that's not there.

Male hero, female lover / female hero, female lover / male hero, male lover / female hero, male lover - all are possible and very easily applicable by the rules.

Best, Ron

Thanks, Ron.

I'm really sorry, bad for me.
I found the gender-neutral so male :D

Misread, sorry.

And yay! I want to play my Male Lover with my friend soon!

Thanks a lot.

Read you soon.
Meme
Emanuele Borio, I'm italian, and my English sucks, beware.
Meme is my real Byname, not a Nickname ^^