Martin's Game Thread

Started by aryus, September 15, 2010, 07:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aryus

Almost forgot about this. First time doing the Game Chef. Love all the cool game ideas. Anyway, here's what I'm working on:

Necropolis, The Journey from Death to the Afterlife.

"You think you're dead? Then why is your stomach growling? How come the scrape on your arm hurts like hell? That's right. Your heart has stopped, but you're not dead...yet. Welcome to the Necropolis."

The game is based on the novel Elantris by Brandon Sanderson. Players are new residents of the necropolis and are seeking to ascend to the heavens before pain and insanity prevent them from doing so. Ascending is known as "deserting your skin" by the people of the city.

The game will be GM-less. Story oriented with scenes. Characters will have edges that can be used during scenes to affect the outcome. Players can cooperate with each other, or not.

Well, that's about all I have for now. Hopefully I can get something complete in the next 4 days.

Thanks for reading and good luck to all the chefs!

Baxil

I'm really interested in seeing what you come up with!  As you can see over in my own thread, we seem to be following very similar development themes - adapting an existing story setting into a narrative game about people on the edge of death, fighting to accomplish their goals before they weaken too much, with distributed play control. 

(I point this out not to accuse - it's clear if you read our respective source materials that they lend themselves to similar games.  I just find it vastly amusing that our totally different inspirations are converging so well.  :)  I think we'll end up with really different resolution systems, so I expect a few moments of reading your thread later, thinking enviously, "Ooh! I wish I'd thought of that mechanic.")

Good luck!