Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 07, 2019, 04:34:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
46709 Posts in 5588 Topics by 13299 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 60 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [Polaris] But only if it wasn't my fault  (Read 9861 times)
David Shockley

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 11:22:35 PM »

Play in our game was entirely linear through time, time just moved rather quickly at times. If I had noticed the rule you mention about future stuff getting written down as 'fates' then its more likely we would have treated it as negotiation over a future event, anyway.

Also, what Callan said.

Web_Weaver

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 03:27:18 AM »

In response to

? It's the player saying "but only if there was nothing I could have done", not the character, isn't it?

I think this cuts to the heart of the issue with the way the key phrases are being used in the example. It's not just that they suddenly move the scene into the future, but that the whole conflict is being held at arms length, at a safe distance. An attentive Moon player could perhaps confront this mode of play and suggest back how player weaseling might imply character Experience, it would at least help bring the conflict back to the here and now and out of the safety zone.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to: