Beyond the Mirror, a sci-fi game on memories and humanity -in development

Started by Tazio Bettin, May 12, 2011, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Tazio,

What does the title, Beyond the Mirror, mean to you?

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton

Tazio Bettin

I wrote it in a first draft. It was something on the lines of "the androids are hiding amongst us, and you may be one of them. When revelation dawns, what will you see beyond the mirror?" But then it sounded kinda too rethoric and ditched it. Why?

Paul Czege

It doesn't do much for me and I was curious if it was particularly powerful for you for some reason. Have you considered possibly a less abstract title?

Paul
"[My Life with Master] is anything but a safe game to have designed. It has balls, and then some. It is as bold, as fresh, and as incisive  now as it was when it came out." -- Gregor Hutton

Tazio Bettin

Actually no, but it's also the title through which the game has always been called, and I would be somewhat afraid of changing it.
The title's explanation is just that "beyond the mirror lies the true self," be it android or human. It's a title with which I'm satisfied.

Tazio Bettin

I hope this does not count as necroposting, but I'd like to point that since I'm quite close to finishing the game, I have created a site where character sheet, story sheet and culmination summary can be downloaded.
The culmination summary contains an abstract of the resolution rules and the endings.
https://sites.google.com/site/thechiseledgear/