[Dungeon Crashers] Early Build, Feedback Appreciated

Started by MacLeod, June 16, 2011, 03:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacLeod

Quote from: zircher on July 22, 2011, 08:17:42 AMAdding to HP is just an ablative armor system where HP comes off of armor first.  There are a few things that might act as exceptions to that rule, poison blow gun darts and magic/non-ablative armor.  Would like to hear your thoughts on those.
I have it setup right now where equipment-based Fighting Spirit and character-based just meld together to form one number... but your idea of making armor fixable mid-battle intrigues me. Additionally, it makes me think of the Knight class from FFT. They specialize in destroying an opponent's equipment.
The way Fighting Spirit works now... PCs just fully regain Fighting Spirit at the end of each battle but their other two important resources (Talent & Mana) only restore 1 point. Keeps the game heroic and allows for nearly endless adventuring days. But armor restoration could play an interesting role in the party dynamic.

The only thing that causes me hesitate is the way armor damage would be perceived. As it stands, Fighting Spirit is a huge abstraction of all the things that can keep a combatant alive... will zooming in and creating detail for armor throw everything else for a loop? Maybe this is a question to answer when I closer to the end of the first development cycle.

Regardless, it is something to think on. :)
~*/\Matthew Miller/\*~

zircher

Well then, mission accomplished!  The thinking and designing part that.  I'm sure the writing part will follow.  :-)
--
TAZ