[Game Shef 2011] No More Bards

Started by whiteknife, July 16, 2011, 02:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteknife

Here's what I've got so far:

Something is rotten in the state of Stratford-Upon-Avalon...

Seeker Pasha, Lord of Bards and rightful king of Avalon, has called his three daughters and all his most trusted servants and allies to "The Globe", his floating palace above the majestic city of Stratford, the crown jewel of all the great cities of Avalon.

Although Avalon has enjoyed great prosperity brought on by the wide-spread magic of the bards and sorcerers led by Seeker Pasha himself, everyone in attendance at this meeting can sense the graveness of the situation.

Addressing the crowd, Seeker Pasha reveals that the spirits of nature, led by the fairy king Oberon, are massing for war outside Avalon's borders. Angered by the so-called abuse of arcane magic, they have delivered an ultimatum: Forswear the use of arcane magic forever or there will be war.

As soon as the announcement is made, chaos reigns, and in the heated arguments that follow, the king seemingly loses his mind and in a moment of rage, exiles everyone present.

Now exiled from the country they love, condemned to try and cross a border patrolled by angry nature spirits, and caught up in their own goals of love, revenge, and ambition, these most trusted members of the king's court must make their way in a world that's been turned on its head.

Will this story meet its seemingly inevitable tragic end, or can things be turned around into something comedic?

Got some ideas for the mechanics, but I'm going to need to work a few things out about what kind of game I want it to be first...

Jonathan Walton

Magical Arthurian folk exiled by faeries into the mortal world?  Yup, awesome.

whiteknife

Finished my first draft of the game text, coming in at 2,909 words.

Ended up being a bit different than I had initially anticipated, as it's not so much "Magical Arthurian folk exiled to the mortal world" so much as it is "Magical Arthurian folk exiled who escape their sentence and work towards their conflicting goals while evading the kings men and an upcoming fairy invasion."

whiteknife

Finished the layout (such as it is- I'm no good with layout). And the game's ready. I don't think I'll have time to playtest it, but if I do I'll be sure to make some revisions.

Anyways, here's the link for those who're curious: http://www.mediafire.com/?4suvz3fp5pwdn54

Also if anyone knows where the place to submit things is, I'd appreciate it.

Comments, too, if you take the time to read or flip through it, would of course be welcome!