Main Menu

Alpha

Started by Ghost4079, July 31, 2011, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost4079

ok i just started making a role playing game and the genre is supposed to post-apocoliptic if anyone has played the fallout series then you know what im talking about but i'm haveing a bit of trouble with getting it off the ground fir thing i need to know it what is a ideal ammount of damage if you character is unarmed and should it be like 7dmg being the lowiest and 100 being the highest or should it be like 250dmg being the lowiest and 5000 being the highiest i just need a little help and if this game ever becomes a big seller at all (probably won't) i'll include your name in it as one of the people who helped me.

contracycle

The question is unanswerable, as it will all depend on how the rest of the system is set up.  On the whole, smaller numbers are easier to handle, but even then some systems don't even use numbers for damage.
http://www.arrestblair.org/

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Callan S.

Ghost, what were you thinking about when you first thought "I wanna make a roleplay game!". What had gotten you excited about that?

Was it a play session you've been in before? Thinking further, I'll propose how the session ended really mattered. After all, if it ended in a really sucky way for you, you wouldn't have liked it. Therefore the conditions at the end are most significant.

So I'd say don't think about what you want punch damage to be at the start, but what you want to happen at the end of your game! Then go backwards from there, working out everything, right up to the start. Reverse causality, basically.

How do you want your game to end? What characters have done what tasks (or failed them, even)?

Once you know that, you'll know whether punch damage needs working out in any particular way.

Ghost4079

so ive kinda started a story line basically your an american who lives somewhere over in eastern europe romainia and such andyou emerge from your bomb shelter that you built durring the cold war and your looking for your wife and son who were over in St.Petersburg Russia when the bombs fell and on your journey you encounter two factions the Remnant Solviet Force or R.S.F. and the United Europion Defence or U.E.D. and you get wrapped up in a war between the two factions and not only that but i plan on having all the weapons be modernized and such.

Ron Edwards

Hold up, everyone.

This forum has some specific requirements for beginning a thread. You can find them in a stickied thread at the top of the thread list. The main one is that you must post a link to an external document of some kind that we can all use as reference.

Other people, please help by not replying to a thread which fails to accord with this requirement.

Ghost, if you post a link to some kind of document like that, this thread is free to continue. Send me a private message if you'd like help.

Best, Ron

Ghost4079

hello ron thanks for offering help i would like some could you send me a way to contact u

hix

Hi Ghost,

If you hit the grey IM button under Ron's name, you can send him a private message.
Cheers,
Steve

Find out more about Left Coast (a game about writers, inspired by the life of Philip K. Dick) on Twitter: @leftcoastrpg