Jedi x Sith

Started by Jake Richmond, September 22, 2011, 08:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Richmond

I was playing G x B for the 20th or so time in the last month when someone asked me if the game could be used to play Star Wars. Because that's the joke, right? "Wow, that's a cool looking game you've got, but I'm not really interested in playing roach possessed academics, Mormon cowboys or psychic school girls. Can I use it to play Star Wars?"

Turns out you can.

Jedi x Sith is a simple little hack for G x B, and an excuse for me to spend an afternoon drawing Jedi. The PDF has a page and a half of suggestions plus 4 new character cards. You can get it here: http://celstyle.com/?p=459

Anyway, this was so much fun that I'm trying to think of other neat things to do with the G x B engine. has anyone else used the game to play anything but the provided scenario? Is anyone interested in taking a go at creating their own play set? I think the formula is pretty easy. 4 characters, 3 dates divided into 3 scenes each. Each scene ends with a choice. The main character hands out cards based on what she likes or dislikes, and revealing the cards at the end of the game determines who wins.

Anyone?
Panty Explosion Perfect, Sea Dracula, G x B, Classroom Deathmatch, Ocean, Modest Medusa, Cel*Style

Daniel36

Pardon my idiocy, but what is B x G. Couldn't find anything on Google...

lumpley

Since GxB is my new favorite game: GxB!

It's a fun, quick, anime game.

-Vincent

Jake Richmond

Thanks for linking, Vincent.

Dan, G x B is short for Girl x Boy, a shoujo style dating sim game for 4 players that Heather Aplington and I released a few months ago. These comics explain the game:

Panty Explosion Perfect, Sea Dracula, G x B, Classroom Deathmatch, Ocean, Modest Medusa, Cel*Style