Looking for collaborators for a (Hybrid) Tabletop and Miniatures FRPG.

Started by Snake_Eyes, March 04, 2012, 06:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake_Eyes

I am looking for help and feedback on a game I am in the process of making, it is a work in progress. MARS is a Miniature Action Role-play System, it is a miniature and tabletop hybrid within the FRPG genre.

The dice mechanic is based on 3d6 VG Fudge, and it uses a Graphic Combat System modeled off the Harn character sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ovmvOaN-s7Z-Ni5qS8LEL8DDpY2DE5z48RNacaXLxgo

*Note* This is a WIP and is not a complete game to play.

Questions or Comments?
:) Snake_Eyes

Sp4m

Sp4m

I think you're document needs a little formatting improvement before you can start getting collaborators.
I can only speak for myself, but a 31 page wall of text is more than I want to approach in my leisure time.

Your document starts out by saying that we'll need a calculator to make characters. That's a pretty big turn-off. Is there a way you can fix that? If not, as a developer, I'd leave that comment out. Otherwise I guarantee you're losing prospective players.

Snake_Eyes

Quote from: Sp4m on March 08, 2012, 02:17:20 PM
I think you're document needs a little formatting improvement before you can start getting collaborators.
I can only speak for myself, but a 31 page wall of text is more than I want to approach in my leisure time.

Your document starts out by saying that we'll need a calculator to make characters. That's a pretty big turn-off. Is there a way you can fix that? If not, as a developer, I'd leave that comment out. Otherwise I guarantee you're losing prospective players.

I have an Open Office document, I just do not know how or where to display it? I can send it to any one interested via email though. I can not display the googledoc any better I am not that good with computers, sorry.

The intro was written when I was going to aim it at under 18, but now I think that I will write for the adult RP. You need to add five small numbers together and then divide by ten, i.e. (3+4+5+6+7)/10=3.5 then do that about twenty more times to generate skills.

I would just atm like it to be at a stage where I can submit it to a host website. I need to do a page of charts, but still have not worked out how to type (probably need to use a drawing program.) it yet. And need to work on a character sheet graphic. It is for a niche market and I might exclude some people, but it is not meant to please everyone. Harn was never a popular system, and is very complex compared to 3d6 VG Fudge, which are the two models I have based the mechanics off.

Thanks for your time and comments,
:) Victorian