[World Police] My Randome ingredients

Started by dindenver, April 06, 2012, 07:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dindenver

It took me a few tries to get ingredients that I cold figure out a solution for. I got some really great 2/3-ingredient comboes, but there was always some rogue ingredient that I couldn;t wedge in (One was Heist, Playing different parts of the same character, Modular world building and playing characters that meet in a dream about medieval fantasy)
Thread # 29593 - Four stats: Accuracy, Power, Evasion, and Defense

Thread # 28605 - "SECTION 27: The Department of Peace of the World Council is henceforth given the power to create and organize divisions independent from any country's army or militia, with the full authority of the Department of Peace, with the proscribed purpose of investigating and eliminating extraordinary threats to peace and order..."

Thread # 25954 - Epic Fighty Robots

Thread # 26954 - Resource Management / d6 Pool system

World Police is just a working title, but I wanted to post my ingredients and talk about my experiences with the randomizer.
Dave M
Author of Legends of Lanasia RPG (Still in beta)
My blog
Free Demo

UserClone

I demanded of myself that I only randomize once, and that I use at least one thread somehow.

dindenver

I was going to do that too, but I have seen too many Game Chef entries lose points for wedging ingredients in or only paying them lip service. And I couldn't think of any combination of ideas that treated all four ingredients equally.
I'll make you a deal, if you can come up with a coherent idea that incorporates a Heist, Lego world building, Playing different aspects of the same character (as opposed to playing different characters) and playing a character that only exists in a medieval fantasy dream world in the next 24 hours, I will make and submit that game for this year's Game Chef.
Dave M
My blog
Free Demo

UserClone

Well to be fair, no one asked you to ignore all four of the one-word ingredients, either...

UserClone

Playing an insane doctor who is trying to steal and amalgamate body parts from living human beings and create his own bride, and everyone plays various aspects of his mind, only one of which is his "knight in shining armor" persona, causing him to hesitate, re-think things, or otherwise flub it up. There needs to be some sort of mechanics and win condition attached, but there you go.

dindenver

Yeah, the only two things I associate with cayotes is wild west and illegal immigration. Neither of which I wanted to make a game for...
Dave M
My blog
Free Demo

dindenver

Neat idea, but having one personality that is a "knight in shining armor" is only playing the slightest of lip service to "playing characters that only exist in a fantasy world that only exists in dreams"...
Dave M
My blog
Free Demo

UserClone

No, I mean the character is a literal knight in shining armor, that truly exists as a separate person inside the doctor, and who he imagines is his perfect self.

jackson_tegu

As far as i understand, you can mix the two groups, right?

So, you could use two thread ingredients and two word ingredients?
But the important thing is that you've settled on something, and you can move forward.

Yay!
sure of ourselves, aren't we?

mcdaldno

You can definitely take a couple ingredients from each of the lists. In fact: that's the whole idea. Take four ingredients total, DIVIDED between the word ingredients and the thread ingredients.
I am a game chef.

Buried Without Ceremony

dindenver

I did not realize that. I thought it was one list or the other. I have a list of ingredients I am happy with.
The game is shaping up, soon I'll be able to talk about the scene framing mechanic.
Dave M
My blog
Free Demo